High School Aacca 2018 Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 2, 2011
http://www.cheerrules.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/2017-18-School-Rules-Final.pdf

It says that braced inversions and rolls in pyramid now require a the bracers to have either two bases or a base and a spotter! Now, why didn't they change the rules to allow flips from stunts braced by preps with a base and a spotter as well?!?! :mad::mad::mad:

Are any of the other changes noteworthy?

Edit: It looks like true Back Handspring ups to prep became legal in high school this year! God when I was a senior in 2012 we couldn't flip in pyramids, I would have never thought one day high schoolers would be doing college style bhs ups to prep! :eek:

"D6a: Inversions from the ground that release may land at prep level. Previously they could only land in a load. This groups all inverted releases together for consistency. They can all release to prep level or below."

Last edited:
It says that braced inversions and rolls in pyramid now require a the bracers to have either two bases or a base and a spotter! Now, why didn't they change the rules to allow flips from stunts braced by preps with a base and a spotter as well?!?! :mad::mad::mad:

I think this is actually a really smart plan for the high school level. Braced rolls are super easy. There's very little that can go wrong and honestly the bracers don't have to do very much at all vs. a backflip where the bracers have to actively contribute and are there in case something chaotic happens with the initial toss for the flipping flyer. Perhaps next year they'll allow flips to be braced the same way as rolls, but for now I'm pretty on board for this change. Gives smaller teams a chance to have an exciting pyramid.

I think this is actually a really smart plan for the high school level. Braced rolls are super easy. There's very little that can go wrong and honestly the bracers don't have to do very much at all vs. a backflip where the bracers have to actively contribute and are there in case something chaotic happens with the initial toss for the flipping flyer. Perhaps next year they'll allow flips to be braced the same way as rolls, but for now I'm pretty on board for this change. Gives smaller teams a chance to have an exciting pyramid.

I get that. I really really hope they allow flips with those brace rules next year though!

Back