Abiding With School Rules And Usasf Rules (level 1)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 27, 2015
I coach an elementary school level 1 team and the principle does not want us going to prep because she fears its too dangerous. The kids have a competition coming up and I know that they may not score high if they do not go to prep at least once. I though about making them go o prep while on their knees so that at least they would be closer to the ground and the principle will be happy.
Is it legal if the bases are on their knees and holding the flyer at prep position? Would it be legal to have them take the flyer into extension while the flyer is connected to somebody on the ground? In essence it would be just a normal level 1 prep stunt just with bases on their knees. If it is legal, would it be scored the same as a normal prep level stunt?

In USASF the level of a stunt is based on the position of the arms, and should be scored the same, no matter if the bases are standing, kneeling, or sitting (in theory).

So the routine won't get a legality deduction?

From USASF:

LEVEL 1 STUNTS
A. Spotters
1. A spotter is required for each top person at prep level and above.
Example: Suspended splits, flat-bodied positions and preps are examples of prep level stunts. Extended arm
stunts that are not in the upright position (such as extended v-sits, extended flat backs, etc…) are considered
prep level stunts.
Clarification: The center base in an extended v-sit may be considered a spotter as long as they are in a position
to protect the head and shoulders of the top person.
Clarification 2: If the primary bases squat, go to their knees or drop the overall height of the stunt while
extending their arms (excluding floor stunts), this skill would be considered extended and therefore illegal,
regardless of the back spot’s position.

You should be able to back apply the second clarification to prep level, but I think additional clarification could be helpful.

I do this with my level 1 team's pyramid. There is a base in a knee lung and a standing backspot. The flyer gives foot to base and steps up into a prep level lib conected to a person on the floor. No deductions and usually helps with creativity since they are a very small team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Back