OT Acl Surgeries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Thank you all for the responses. I really appreciate you all and will probably be messaging you throughout this process

I had my MCL done 4 years ago, a pretty similar surgery to ACL. The actual procedure was fine – it doesn't take long and they send you home pretty much straight after. You won't feel much pain initially since they drug you up so much. That whole day will kind of be a blur. But you may feel quite sore starting the day after. Eat to build up your strength, take your pain meds as directed, and follow your physio instructions to the tee. For me, crutches were about 3–4 weeks, and I was cleared after 5 months or so.

My biggest advice? Talk to your doctors! Orthos do these surgeries all day, every day. They've done more ACLs than they can count. This means they know what they're doing, but it also means that they may not initially remember to reassure you as much as you may need, since this is a routine procedure to them. If you're scared, if you're sad, if you have questions, always ask. That goes for the anesthesiologist as well – if you have any concerns about the anesthesia or pain medications, talk to them, and they can adjust the drugs accordingly.

It may be a bit of a struggle initially, but don't worry, it's normal to feel that way. After a few weeks or so you'll forget that there even was any pain :)

Last edited:
Sending good healing vibes! Follow Dr orders and work at PT. My daughter came back stronger than ever after a miniscus and ACL surgeries 1 1/2 years ago. Good luck!

Back