OT Acne?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
For a while i tried everythinggg
proactive, every face product in your drug store, ANYTHING suggested online for homemade stuff, and for me nothing worked.

i had/have to go to a dermatologist and am prescription face wash and products and they worked amazing.
i might have just had a tough case though, i have alot of friends who say proactive works great.

and acnefree actually did help me a bit and it totally cleared my friend up.
every case for every person is different, so hopefully other people will help you too and you can find what works best for you!

I use different products when I break out and alternate so that my face doesn't get use to the products. What skin type do you have and I might have some products that will work.

Also I don't know how old you are, but if your parents are okay with it talk to them about going on birth control. Not for sex reasons, but there are some birth controls out there that are really really good with reducing breakouts. If they okay it then talk to your doctor about your problem and they will know the different pills that work best for helping with acne.

i've tried so many different things. proactiv, neutrogena, some other thing that's like proactiv and none of them worked. they helped a little bit, but the results were nothing spectacular.

i went to the dermatologist and they gave me epiduo which is working wonders.

if you have really bad skin i recommend just going to the dermatologist or else you'll end up wasting money on a bunch of things that won't work in the long run.

You don't know how many things I've tried but I think I've figured out something good.. for now haha
Keep in mind that I have reallly oily skin.

Murad Clarifying Cleanser and Skin Perfecting Lotion. Sometimes I'll use the spot treatment and toner too because I have it leftover from a kit (It's only like $30 at Sephora if you want to try everything out)
Neutrogena exfoliating cleanser
And I just got these realllly good samples of the Burt's Bees Cranberry and Pomegranate exfoliator so I'm definitely getting the full size. Seriously, it changed my skin with just one use.
And I have a prescription from my regular doctor for spot treatment type stuff. I don't really need it anymore but I also used to have a legit medication from my doctor too called Minocycline.. it's awesome.

In terms of at home stuff,
I've done an egg white mask before that was really great. I don't remember exactly what it was meant to be for but it reallly softens and tightens your skin. There might be some acne benefits too.

Also, keep in mind that you can't keep using the same products over and over or your skin gets used to it. Use multiple cleansers and just alternate between them (Like I exfoliate every 2 days and use regular cleansers the other days). Drink lots of water! And if you can, don't use foundation or any other makeup that would clog up your pores.

btw, I wouldn't recommend proactive, it's one of those products that once you start using it you can't stop or you'll just break out again.

Honestly, I tried everything when I was a teen. Every single product out there. I was on prescription antibiotics and even had cortisone injections in my face b/c it was cystic acne. Nothing worked. Then, as I got older and my hormones settled, my face cleared up some. Now, I certainly don't recommend this-but when I was pregnant my hormones changed (obviously) my skin cleared completely (still don't get anything) and my stick straight hair went curly. Of course, getting pregnant isn't a "solution" to acne, but that's what happened with me. IT's all about your hormones and when they decide to go wacky and settle down.

I did use Mario Badescu's drying lotion on big ones (the big red ones that are sore) and it definitely helped clear them up quickly.

I had cystic acne as well and will occasionally get a minor break out. If you have cystic acne then most over the counter treatments will not do anything. Like someone else mentioned you should probably go to a dermatologist and they can get you the good stuff.

For minor breakouts that are noy cystic I use the Loreal Go 360 Clean cleansers one day, the next I use Philosophy Purity, and then use my LUSH Ocean Salt scrub. I repeat that but sometimes change up the order so my skin doesn't get use to it.

The Purity face wash is really good, but can be expensive if you buy the full size bottle. Since I don't use it everyday I buy the little sample sizes they sell at Sephora or Ulta by the checkout line. It lasts me a long time because it only takes a little dab.

The Ocean Salt Scrub is from LUSH which is not everywhere, but they do have a website. They told me there that it is good for all skin types but the amount you use it depends on the skin type you have. The small jar runs at around $20 and the big jar is about $34. I had a big jar and didn't use it everyday but maybe twice a week and it lasted me 6months so the price isn't too bad for the amount of product. If you have a LUSH around you go in and ask and they will give you a sample to use and see how well you like it on your skin.

I tried practically EVERYTHING! Neutrogena made my face break out even more (some product), Clean and Clear didn't do anything, and that Epiduo stuff I got from my dermatologist made my face break out even more!!
Now I use Clearasil daily face wash in the shower everyday then I use a Clinique toner (It comes in a large bottle and the solution is pink) and then I use a prescription called Obagi. It works miracles!! Also, I don't wear a lot of makeup (only eyeliner) unless I'm going to a fancy party or dinner or competition.

i tried proactiv and it made my face break out even more
but the green tea moisturizer is awesome for dry skin, they finally got one prouduct right, i highly reccomend it

proactiv never really helped me, and if i forgot to use it for like day i would break out again. i have tried a bunch of different over the counter things and the best that has worked for me is the clinique 3 step process. I only use on of the steps and it works really well, my mom uses it also. If you go to any clinique and ask about it they will ask about your skin type and stuff and determine what steps and stuff will work best for you!

I use Cetaphil face wash. It costs like $5 and you can get it at CVS or any drug store. It works really well. For spot treatment I use Differin (prescription).

I use Cetaphil face wash. It costs like $5 and you can get it at CVS or any drug store. It works really well. For spot treatment I use Differin (prescription).

I use all of these too..I have the actual face wash and a face bar that I use at night and Differin for spot treatments. I also have the Cetaphil Moisturizing cream! I used Proactiv for almost 2 years I didn't really see a lot of progress. Then randomly I became moderately allergic (puffy eyes, redness, itchy skin etc.) Proactiv definitely dries out the skin and IMO does very little removing and revitalizing. I am still trying to put moisture back into my skin from using Proactiv. There are many products out there...just sorta have run a trial and hope for the best! I hate acne :no: So far..I love Clean & Clear Morning Burst, and Cetaphil products! :)

I don't have acne but every now and then I'll get a blemish or two or five. I recently discovered tea tree oil treatments for them and it is the best stuff to use! It makes redness and swelling go down in a day. I've used all kinds of "spot treatments" and haven't found that any work for me except ones with tea tree oil.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

nothing worked for me when i was younger and i had really bad acne, i ended up going to a dermatologist and being put on medications and so many perscription creams just to make it go away, overall they worked but it was expensive, i now also use proactive body wash just on my face and it works to keep random breakouts away (i do this because its a bigger bottle then the face soap and works better for me)

I hope you find something that works for you

Latest posts

Back