OT Acne?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
DO NOT USE PROACTIV. i was going to use it but my dermatologist said that it was awful for your skin. it apparently wears down your skin layers until they're nothing. however, it DOES clear up acne but once you stop using proactiv your acne comes back and it doesn't really solve the problem. i would recommend getting a cream or something from your doctor.

proactiv never really helped me, and if i forgot to use it for like day i would break out again. i have tried a bunch of different over the counter things and the best that has worked for me is the clinique 3 step process. I only use on of the steps and it works really well, my mom uses it also. If you go to any clinique and ask about it they will ask about your skin type and stuff and determine what steps and stuff will work best for you!

That's what my pink solution stuff is from!! My mom and i share it :) It works so good (although I've been lazy the past couple days and "forgot" to use it and my face is breaking out a lot ): )

I am the queen of acne meds. Let's see what I'm on right now:

2 pills a day of Spironolactone (a male hormone blocking pill that works with my birth control to block access hormones that make you break out)
2 pills a day of an antibiotic that fights acne
Birth control (You can go on it just for your face. It helps if you usually break out around your period.)
A sulfur wash (Helps if you have big pussy pimples. Ew)
An antibiotic cream.

If your acne isn't bad, an antibiotic or cream alone will help. Talk to your doctor because the stuff they give you usually works a lot better than drug store stuff.

That's what my pink solution stuff is from!! My mom and i share it :) It works so good (although I've been lazy the past couple days and "forgot" to use it and my face is breaking out a lot ): )

thats what reminded me of it! haha and my mom uses it too..i love it!

I swear by Cetaphil face wash & moisturizer. I've used both products for at least 5 years. I also use witch hazel as an affordable toner.

Most importantly, drink lots of water. Perhaps try a hair nail & skin vitamin.

I also heard that putting a freshly washed towel over your pillow at night works better than any acne medication. I haven't tried it yet.

Getting a facial really helps. Some spas have them for teens, specifically to clean out the pores.

Benzaclin - a prescription topical cream applied on the face/areas prone to breakouts at night. My daughter just started this, and it has really seemed to help. There is alot of info online if you just search it.

biore self warming cleanser
biore exfoliating cleanser
st. ive appricot scrub
360 loreal cleanser (green one, with that scrubby thingy)
biore moisturizer spf 30 (doesn't make your skin greasy)
clearasil stay clear vanishing cream (spot treatment)
Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

Benzaclin - a prescription topical cream applied on the face/areas prone to breakouts at night. My daughter just started this, and it has really seemed to help. There is alot of info online if you just search it.

used it, doesn't work. I have also used minocycline, benzoyl peroxide and tetrinoin.

used it, doesn't work. I have also used minocycline, benzoyl peroxide and tetrinoin.

before i went to my dermatologist, my doctor prescribed me tetracycline
and even though it did not completely clear my face (i have a bad case) i did notice a difference

I also heard that putting a freshly washed towel over your pillow at night works better than any acne medication. I haven't tried it yet.

It does help a lot. Dirt & dead skin cells accumalate on your pillow so when you lay your face on it, all that stuff can clog your pours. Idk if I'd say doing that will help more than any medicine but it will def help.

pro activ worked wonders on my skin. but im not going to lie. it did burn for like 2 weeks then my skin finally got used to it

Back