OT Acne?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Getting a facial really helps. Some spas have them for teens, specifically to clean out the pores.

Yes! I had one over Thanksgiving Break at the Greenbrier...and eversince my face hasn't had as many freak breakouts. The lady told me definitely to keep my face moisturized especially during this time of year with the cold weather etc. As I posted before...I use Cetaphil Moisturizing cream and love it!! :cloud9:

Helpful hint, don't use foundation. You gorgeous young girls don't need it and it just clogs your pores.

My makeup aged kids just wear powder and some bronzer in the summer and they do not have problems with acne.

(Middle went to FL this summer and bought some foundation and wore it. Came home 2 weeks later with pimples. She's a believer now................LOL)

Make an appointment with a dermatologist!!! Before you waste any more money. The doctor will give you coupons and a special card, so the prescription will cost less than a month of Proactiv.

Hormones have everything to do with acne, so you'll still get flare ups, so when you do, treat your skin gently. All those scrubs on the market just aggravate acne.

Helpful hint, don't use foundation. You gorgeous young girls don't need it and it just clogs your pores.

My makeup aged kids just wear powder and some bronzer in the summer and they do not have problems with acne.

(Middle went to FL this summer and bought some foundation and wore it. Came home 2 weeks later with pimples. She's a believer now................LOL)

That is how I was when I tried liquid foundation. I see people that wear liquid foundation and are like "omg i have to cover up this pimple" I just want to look at them and say "uh that is just going to make it worse."

If you are having a breakout it is best to just not put anything on it or use something very light.

I've found out the secret weapon a few months ago after years of suffering with acne: a bar of soap. Nope I'm not kidding! All I use is Dove soap... Its called "gentle exfoliating beauty bar for renewed skin" and it has 1/4 moisturizing cream in it. I use that and oil free moisturizer every morning and I'm good to go. Who would've ever thought? Might not work for everyone, but I recommend trying it for 10ish days. Side note: don't use anything not oil free. Recipe for disaster.

sulfur dioxide medicated pads, don't burn and clear it up fast. i love those also tazorac and i was on a pill for awhile just to clear it up along with extractions in the beginning, now all my friends say my skin is clear, smooth and beautiful(and i was BAADDDDD!!!)! but you have to also use non comodegenic makeup so you wont clog you pores, i love bare escentuals. go to a dermatologist and after a few tries you will find a regime that works for you

What are the best acne products/home remedies everyone uses for their acne? :)
We are launching a new skin care line specifically for teens. I'll get you the info as soon as we launch. It controls the PH levels in teenage skin, which is what makes you prone to breakouts... Until then, be careful that you aren't using anything too drying. There is a HUGE misconception, that drying out the acne makes it go away faster. It actually works quite the opposite, over-drying causes your skin to produce more natural oils to re-hydrate itself...leading to even more acne. We know! It's annoying that these brands promote it the opposite JUST to make the sale! It made us mad, so we decided to do our own to set the record straight! PM us if you have any other questions, or "ask our experts" on http://fancyfacecosmetics.com/forum/forum/ask-the-expert

proactiv never really helped me, and if i forgot to use it for like day i would break out again. i have tried a bunch of different over the counter things and the best that has worked for me is the clinique 3 step process. I only use on of the steps and it works really well, my mom uses it also. If you go to any clinique and ask about it they will ask about your skin type and stuff and determine what steps and stuff will work best for you!
i use the 3step too, ever since i started using it i have had clear skin.

I am the queen of acne meds. Let's see what I'm on right now:

2 pills a day of Spironolactone (a male hormone blocking pill that works with my birth control to block access hormones that make you break out)
2 pills a day of an antibiotic that fights acne
Birth control (You can go on it just for your face. It helps if you usually break out around your period.)
A sulfur wash (Helps if you have big pussy pimples. Ew)
An antibiotic cream.

If your acne isn't bad, an antibiotic or cream alone will help. Talk to your doctor because the stuff they give you usually works a lot better than drug store stuff.

You have a good dermatologist or family doc.

how much is a dermatologist normally? college insurance doesnt cover anything and ive been buggin out about my skin for too long now

Back