College Advice College Clinics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Keep_Believing

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 11, 2011
I thought I'd start a new thread on this since the other post are old. Any advice when visiting College Cheer Clinics? Also, is there a site that has an updated list of Clinics?

Thanks

I would start populating some short lists of schools she's interested in and plan out your calendar that way.

Reaches: schools your kid is going to need to be a World Champ to have a shot at cheering at. Schools with skills she doesn't quite have yet. Schools that may be a reach academically. Dream schools.

Matches: Her skills are on track to match the skill of the team. Likes the school. Solid academically and likely to get in.

Safeties: Schools she likes but may have the "I can for sure do this" tryout requirements. The school you can for sure get into. These are kind of your "back pocket."

She wants to stay in Texas, study nursing, likes NCA style, and coeds. Her top 4 choices are Sam Houston, Texas Tech, Navarro, and TVCC. I like Navarro and TVCC because of the scholarship opportunities, but she will graduate High School with many Junior College hours. So, may be better going strait to a 4 year University. A lot to figure out. I like the Clinics, but she can be shy at first with new people. If the clinics aren't organized she will just stand around the majority of the time.

Latest posts

Back