High School Advice for competition success?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 27, 2013
We have started planning and mapping out our comp routine, as well as trying out some of the new stunts. So far it's going amazing! I've stalked the other teams in our division for the State Championships last year and I think we have a good shot at taking 1st or 2nd :) any tips on how to make the routine as champion-worthy as possible? I want to finish my senior year with a win!

*This is for WA State*

I'm not sure how things are done in Washington but one thing that I would suggest is to really sell it out there. I like watching squads that have awesome facials and some added attitude and great personality. Also, while difficulty is great I would rather see sharp motions than the hardest stunts possible. Motions and loud voices with infliction, not monotone or squeaky! Good luck, I know how you feel. I felt the same way my senior year and now my seniors that I coach want it so bad!

First of all don't go buy last year competitions, , athletes and routines change. Also we all know how great and bad those 2 minutes can b on one specific comp day, we have all been there when everything comes together and umfortunately when it doesn t. Have confidence in what U and your team can do and don't think about past performances of your competitors!

Perfection before progression! Make sure your skills are technically perfect before bumping up the difficulty. I don't know what level you are but for example, in level 3 judges would rather see beautifully executed fulls from prep than shaky, incomplete rotations from extension, same goes for tumbles! Good luck!:)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back