All-Star Advice

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 15, 2013
Hi everyone!

I am aspiring to be an all star coach and I was wondering if I could get some kind of advice on how to become one. I would ask this in the coach's section but I'm not a coach so I can't get it :) Thanks in advance!

Is there a local all star gym near you? Your first step should be to contact them and see if they're looking for coaches. It may be as easy as that. If they're not hiring for the season, you could ask if they would be open to having you volunteer with some of their teams. Explain to the gym owner/manager that you'd like to coach all star in the future and would love to get some hands-on experience. Accept any position, paid or unpaid, tiny level 1 or senior level 5. Once you get in there, show that you can be hands on and helpful. Don't be afraid to jump right in-- coaches and gym owners will appreciate that you don't stand around and wait for an invitation. However, if you're volunteering, you'll need to be careful not to step on the coaches' toes. You may want to ask "may I give him/her some tips?" before critiquing athletes.

ETA: I also knew I wanted to coach when I moved home from college. The summer before my senior year, I applied to work at the all star gym as a tumbling and stunting coach. I was able to prove my coaching and teaching abilities and earned my coaching job when I returned home.

Thank you so much! I have in fact contacted a few coaches and many said that they want certified coaches or that they don't accept volunteers. The one gym that I did hear from hasn't responded with their message from the gym owner due to how busy they were with tryouts. Thanks for your advice!

If you can't get in with an Allstar gym, try to find a rec or school program you can work with. Also use that time to get your credentials. You don't need to work at a gym to get your Allstar level 1 and 2 certification

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

If you can't get in with an Allstar gym, try to find a rec or school program you can work with. Also use that time to get your credentials. You don't need to work at a gym to get your Allstar level 1 and 2 certification

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I'll definitely do that! Where should I go in order to start learning everything? Is there a website/book that I should study? Thanks so much!

Latest posts

Back