All-Star After The 2013 Worlds, Trends I Would Like To See Die Fast....ok Go!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not really a trend, but the Medium All Girl division. Maybe it was this way last year as well. I thought when it was created, it was going to be the new large. Now rather than help gyms who couldn't get over the hump to get 36 girls on the floor, it looks like Small teams who've just added a bunch more under skilled girls to make 30.

A good portion of the teams were just atrocious. And if that's rude, I don't know any other way to put it. Many were doing more layouts than even *single* fulls. I just kept watching scores waiting for somebody to even break 200. With that said, I was shocked to see a LOT of really under skilled Large Coed teams as well.

As always, a lot of this can be attributed to the same old story of overabundance of at large bids.

Yes. You. Absolutely. Thank you.

Nodes, untied shoes, and weaves.

And announcements that for "the athletes protection" there was to be no videotaping. Lets be honest, there was no videotaping so that people will pay $$ for the feeds/vod.

That was my favorite as a reminder there is no video taping allowed for the the privacy and protection of our athletes, if you like videos we are selling coverage of the entire competition.

WTH? I cracked up every time and thought "oh usasf, we arent that dumb"

Not really a trend, but the Medium All Girl division. Maybe it was this way last year as well. I thought when it was created, it was going to be the new large. Now rather than help gyms who couldn't get over the hump to get 36 girls on the floor, it looks like Small teams who've just added a bunch more under skilled girls to make 30.

A good portion of the teams were just atrocious. And if that's rude, I don't know any other way to put it. Many were doing more layouts than even *single* fulls. I just kept watching scores waiting for somebody to even break 200. With that said, I was shocked to see a LOT of really under skilled Large Coed teams as well.

As always, a lot of this can be attributed to the same old story of overabundance of at large bids.

I think you can say there were a LOT of under skilled teams in every division and yes too many bids, I think this year I noticed so many comps with more bids than teams or every team got a bid....

Ditto on the big hair...I don't mind a nice poof in the front but it has become a competition to see which gym can jack their hair to Jesus the best. Also it looks ridiculous on the smaller kids who end up looking like their hair is bigger than their own heads.
Teams that stacked with 12 year old flyers and then super senior bases. I honestly feel that the age eligibility for Worlds should be 14 and up. I'm sure the younger kids LOVE going but now we have Summit. And I don't feel like these kids get the true team experience when they go. One of cp's friends kept texting her pictures of herself alone around the magic Kingdom and when cp asked where the rest of the team was she said "I don't know, all the big kids left without me..."
To many at large bids, to many small coed/senior teams, it was like a death march to get through them all...I can't imagine what it was like for the people there. How about the at-large winners have to send in a video for prelims (like Junior's last year) and then top 10-15 actually get to come to the Big Show.
People saying a team "deserves" to win because they have "been through so much this year", I'm pretty sure all the teams can say getting to Worlds is an uphill climb....
Bad sportsmanship. I have never seen so many kids unhappy with silver or bronze. There is only 9 gold medal winners, everyone can't get one. The fact that you were one of the top 3 in the world is a huge accomplishment. There were teams celebrating because they made it past prelims...get it in perspective kids.

O
Don't forget that due to recent events, for your safety, they will be confiscating unattended bags left on seats! Ummmmm....safety? You didn't even check these potentially "dangerous" bags at the door.
I've always wonder why they don't search bags at WWOS. I get my bagged check at any other sporting even I go to.

Bad sportsmanship. I have never seen so many kids unhappy with silver or bronze. There is only 9 gold medal winners, everyone can't get one. The fact that you were one of the top 3 in the world is a huge accomplishment. There were teams celebrating because they made it past prelims...get it in perspective kids.
I'm sure thwy'll still be people conplaining till next year. think of the kids from HOT5 and MACS how excited they were for 4th and 3rd made me tear up a little. seeing a picture hot5 crowd around that 4th place trophy. So happy for them.
And if were talking about music that should reture . if I hear "light em up" or whatever its called during a pyramid sequence or anywhere during the routinw I think I might go crazy

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I thought it was particularly thoughtful of USASF to expand the size of the floor seating for their VIP's which in turn put the "Parent Watching"area further back then last year. If I ever have to watch from the parent area I'm bringing binocular's.
I'll never forget 2012 when they were begging people to give up seats. We were sitting 4 deep on laps and people were missing their kids and the VIPs were just chatting it up with leg room and empty seats on either side.

I thought it was particularly thoughtful of USASF to expand the size of the floor seating for their VIP's which in turn put the "Parent Watching"area further back then last year. If I ever have to watch from the parent area I'm bringing binocular's.

Didn't you leave out "Bless their hearts"...LOL

I think you can say there were a LOT of under skilled teams in every division and yes too many bids, I think this year I noticed so many comps with more bids than teams or every team got a bid....
In fairness, I did not see many divisions. My gripe still stands with Medium, but any large division should be considered a premier division because if you do not have enough skilled athletes there are still smaller divisions for them to enter.

I don't know if gyms are thinking Medium is still new so it's less/easier competition, or they just don't want to compete in Small because it's so big. But it just made me sad watching so many teams that looked more like restricted 5.

I'll never forget 2012 when they were begging people to give up seats. We were sitting 4 deep on laps and people were missing their kids and the VIPs were just chatting it up with leg room and empty seats on either side.

Yep.....you're right! At any given point during the day on Sunday VIP was at 1/3 capacity. They could have had first 4 rows as parent seating and still had PLENTY of room to socialize and schmoooze. Every year there's something that is just a slap in the face to us. And yet, we still keep going back. Which probably makes us more Psycho Cheer Mom than the Mini parents in my opinion.

Semi finals and finals scores should be combined or even use a percentage. That way a team that sneaks into finals doesn't win just because they finally learned how to hit a routine. Teams who hit both days should be rewarded for their achievement. Consistency should be rewarded!

Mesh! Whose idea was that to begin with?

US cheerleaders talking crap about international teams! Have respect for the sport! Those teams work just as hard if not harder on the skills they do have!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back