All-Star Age Changes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hmm, I wonder why they lowered the ages. Not sure how I feel about 5 year olds being eligible for junior teams. That's going to attract some Suzie's moms
It's been mentioned in other threads, but the ages were not lowered from what they've been. Technically they've actually been raised as there was no bottom age before and a 0-4 year old could have been on a junior team. But yes, lowered from what the changes were made to a month or 2 ago, those changes were just reversed.

It's been mentioned in other threads, but the ages were not lowered from what they've been. Technically they've actually been raised as there was no bottom age before and a 0-4 year old could have been on a junior team. But yes, lowered from what the changes were made to a month or 2 ago, those changes were just reversed.
I didn't realize that there hadn't been bottom ages before. I was wondering what caused them to back off of introducing bottom ages. The ones on the first grid seemed reasonable to me.

I didn't realize that there hadn't been bottom ages before. I was wondering what caused them to back off of introducing bottom ages. The ones on the first grid seemed reasonable to me.
From what I saw it sounded like enough people complained about it for them to change it back to what it was. Sounds like they are going to review it/discuss it more.

Even though this is nothing new, with the number of people that seem to be now realizing that this is how it's been (because of the way it's written I guess?), it could lead more parents to want their younger kids on older teams.

It's just funny to me that people seem to be vocalizing this problem more now even though that's pretty much how it's always been lol. Hey, at least now a 2 year old can't be on a junior team.

No self respecting gym owner is going to put a 5 yo on a junior team unless they are some kind of prodigy. But no other youth sport that I can think of has this kind of age spread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't heard of one doing it before, if they have then more power to them!

Back