College Alabama Cheerleading Rings

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

bottom line is UA administration, or parts of it, have been against that program for a while! But Im sure the coaching staff and administrators for the cheerleading program will be sure that those athletes are properly recognized!

honestly I've never heard of a university supplying their team w/ rings. but I do agree that they should be able to use the logo..

Are they trying to enlist the help of the alumni? If they can't get the university to pay for the rings maybe the alumni could persuade them to let the cheer team use the A.

Cheerleading might not be a NCAA sanctioned sport BUT if those guys and girls did not show up at a football game, men or women's basketball game, gym meet, volleyball game, alumni fundraiser, athletic department personnel birthday party, etc. The athletic department would have a fit. Cheerleaders are the only sport that has no off season. They do EVERYTHING for their university. Nationals is the only time that we get to focus on themselves, and when you when the grand poo~ba of college nationals, they can't be rewarded because of a copyright on a letter. I don't think they are being realistic. David is a better man than myself. I'd lost my job fighting for those guys.

My SEC west + spineless coach hatred for Bama was at an all time high and now this? haha I might have to check into an anger management clinic :)

Arguing for UA (as devil's advocate): The NCAA regualtion required for a recognized title has been well established. If we award rings (or simply allow the use of the script A) for the cheerleading team, what would allow us to deny the same treatment for any other club sport that might win a "national" championship?

Cheerleading might not be a NCAA sanctioned sport BUT if those guys and girls did not show up at a football game, men or women's basketball game, gym meet, volleyball game, alumni fundraiser, athletic department personnel birthday party, etc. The athletic department would have a fit. Cheerleaders are the only sport that has no off season. They do EVERYTHING for their university. Nationals is the only time that we get to focus on themselves, and when you when the grand poo~ba of college nationals, they can't be rewarded because of a copyright on a letter. I don't think they are being realistic. David is a better man than myself. I'd lost my job fighting for those guys.

My SEC west + spineless coach hatred for Bama was at an all time high and now this? haha I might have to check into an anger management clinic :)

Oops meant WIN

Arguing for UA (as devil's advocate): The NCAA regualtion required for a recognized title has been well established. If we award rings (or simply allow the use of the script A) for the cheerleading team, what would allow us to deny the same treatment for any other club sport that might win a "national" championship?

Which I do understand. However, when I was in undergrad our club cycling team (who knew?) won their National Championship. The University made a big deal out of it and they got National Champion Coats made (heavier than jackets).

If the cheerleaders are part of the athletic department and allowed to wear the A on their chest to represent the school, the school/athletic department should let them use it for the rings.

I agree with Andre but also if a "club" of any kind (yet I feel that cheer probably put the most IN to a University) are able to represent a University then I don't see why they can't represent the University again by showing off their University on their prize. I get what they are saying and trying to make their logo represented on Rings prestigious but seriously what's the harm?

Back