All I Want Is One Season, To Live My Dream...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 20, 2012
Hey...cheer is basically my everything. I've been working hard for about a year, and I'm very dedicated to cheerleading. However, it's not just cheer, because if it was, I'd be okay. But it's more than that. All I really want is a family. A team that I can trust, and turn to when things get bad. To be with, win or lose. I cheered somewhere a veryyyyy short amount of time, two comps, then made the very stressful decision to leave. I didn't feel it was right for me, I was growing out of the program, both skill-wise and age-wise. Then I took this last season off to get better at cheer. I spent over a year dreaming, fighting, and working to be on a team this next season. Then last season ended, and I wanted to cheer at a gym that was very successful, but also very expensive. My parents said no. It crushed me. Then I found another gym, and got my parents to consider it. I also had one of my interested friends join. But now...I don't know if my parents will let me do it. We aren't at all poor, but they say that it's too expensive. They want me to do an hour of housework every single day for the whole season to help out at home. My birthday was last week, but I didn't get anything. Cheer would be my present, as it has for the past year. Except my parents haven't decided if they're letting me do it yet. I am willing to work to do cheer...so that's not what this is about. But it would crush me to have to give up cheer again. Especially when one of my friends (who would rather do high school cheer) gets to do it. For her to not even prefer it over high school cheer, and do it without me...it would kill me.
I understand that was probably long and boring, but if you're still reading this...just send some prayers, please. Cheer is everything to me, and all I want is one season to live my dream.
And even if you don't want to do that, just be grateful for what you have, please. If your parent will pay for cheer, be thankful. Not everyone gets that privilege. Cheer your heart out, for those who can't.
Thank you for everything...

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Loving your dedication!! Keep at it. An attitude like that will get you far! There are some other threads on here that have really great self-fundraising ideas, like babysitting or finding businesses to sponsor you. The threads should pop up if you search for them on here! Also, contact the gym you'd like to attend to see what sort of fundraising programs they have. Many gyms have sign-ups to work concession booths at baseball games/basketball games/races/concerts/etc that can earn you lots of money! You can also see if the gym will allow you to help clean the gym/assistant coach a mini team/etc to help offset tuition or other costs. If you can find a job with flexible hours, that would be great as well. I just graduated off of my team and I know how it feels to want to cheer SO BAD. Keep working hard and explore every option. Something will work out! <3

Loving your dedication!! Keep at it. An attitude like that will get you far! There are some other threads on here that have really great self-fundraising ideas, like babysitting or finding businesses to sponsor you. The threads should pop up if you search for them on here! Also, contact the gym you'd like to attend to see what sort of fundraising programs they have. Many gyms have sign-ups to work concession booths at baseball games/basketball games/races/concerts/etc that can earn you lots of money! You can also see if the gym will allow you to help clean the gym/assistant coach a mini team/etc to help offset tuition or other costs. If you can find a job with flexible hours, that would be great as well. I just graduated off of my team and I know how it feels to want to cheer SO BAD. Keep working hard and explore every option. Something will work out! <3
Thank you so much! I think *crossing fingers* it's going to work out! Parents have just almost agreed. We were going to sign the contract, but my mom was working and didn't want to tell me where it was. Ugh. Oh well, it can wait another day!! Yay! Thanks so much again!!! xoxo

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back