All My Questions About Cheer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thanks for everyone for replying, I actually meant level 2 (i was looking at all their teams and they also have a level 4 so i was thinking about that when i wrote this) i have front walkover and i'm looking to get my backbend kickover (i have a backbend down)

Different situation though. You're a guy and guys tend to pick up tumbling faster than girls. It's not always the case but almost all the guy cheerleaders I know got their tumbling quite quick.

Lily- tumbling it really depends. I struggled with a handspring for 2 years and then when I switched gyms I went from barely a standing handspring to working a running layout in 9 months. That being said I took many tumbling classes and privates and conditioned like crazy to get those skills.

As for flying that is not easy. I had to stretch every single day to get a straight leg scorp (needle) and learning things like fulls and such wasn't easy. But when I was learning to be a flyer we didn't need to have all these skills you need now. Cheer has progressed a LOT since I started. Being a flyer you are constantly learning new skills because stunting changes a lot whether it be how you get to the top or new stunts. I've based as well and that's just as important. A flyer can't get in the air without a base or backspot :)

I would aim to try and make any team and then work on skills and to progress from there.
Personally, i progress quite quickly in forward skills but not backwards (i did mean level 2 skills not four) thank you for replying.

So what have you been doing the last couple of months to work on your overall skills?

I didn't mean to, some message boards post things twice (i see it alot)
No apologies needed and no need to post the same question in multiple areas. Not saying it doesn't happen but not very often.

Good luck

**Sometimes I ask questions I already know the answer to so I feel smart answering them**

Back