All Newbies - PLEASE READ!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'd be surprised. I have heard of teams not attending awards but have still received all they should have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate admit it but last year coach told everyone they could go home before Summit bids awards because she really thought we didn't have a chance........WELL on the way home they got the call from a gym by us saying "guess what". Lol. We can laugh about it now! One reason was that highest level team got paid. Yes we still got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a newer rec allstar gym owner (opened NOV 2015) I am here to see how many gym owners are on here. And any advice. I am currently experiencing the issue with parents not paying tuition. We currently suspended 3 athletes (2 from the same family) for lack of payments. Now they are slandering our gym, myself, and my coaches. We are a very small gym. Less than 20 athletes. We can not afford the bad publicity. But we are not a charity either.

So happy I found this! I had no idea there was anything like this. Can't wait to see what it's all about. Often, being a newer coach, I have lots of questions and no one to ask. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to join!
I have been coaching for 10 years and am a regional cheer director over 14 towns of youth sideline cheerleaders here to offer any help

I am a newer rec allstar gym owner (opened NOV 2015) I am here to see how many gym owners are on here. And any advice. I am currently experiencing the issue with parents not paying tuition. We currently suspended 3 athletes (2 from the same family) for lack of payments. Now they are slandering our gym, myself, and my coaches. We are a very small gym. Less than 20 athletes. We can not afford the bad publicity. But we are not a charity either.

There are definitely coaches and a few owners on the boards. You will probably get a better response to this query on the main boards or in the coaches only forum. Just a few that may be able to help you are @cupieqt @NJCoach and @Jenna12. Hope I'm remembering that last user name correctly.

Welcome and good luck

**I see crazy people**

There are definitely coaches and a few owners on the boards. You will probably get a better response to this query on the main boards or in the coaches only forum. Just a few that may be able to help you are @cupieqt @NJCoach and @Jenna12. Hope I'm remembering that last user name correctly.

Welcome and good luck

**I see crazy people**
@Jenna Robinson See if @Weezy can add you to the coaches forum. You'll find lots of help in there.

As far as the slander you can send them a polite but firm letter to cease and desist if what they're saying is untrue. Otherwise just ignore it. If they're being childish and petty, people will recognize that they're childish and petty. Anyone that joins in with them is not the kind of people you want anyway.

Keep promoting your gym in a positive light and praising the kids and families that are a still a part of your gym. Always focus on the people that are still with you. They are your bread and butter and the only ones worth your efforts and energy. Block the people kicking up a fuss. The more you read and see what they're saying the more inclined you'll be to respond and fan the flames even bigger.

It WILL go away eventually and it will go away sooner if you refuse to participate in the little drama play they're trying to write.

Good for you for sticking to your guns. People like to think we should do what we do for free. But I have always said there's no such thing as competitive charity cheerleading bc those bills always come due.

@Jenna Robinson See if @Weezy can add you to the coaches forum. You'll find lots of help in there.

As far as the slander you can send them a polite but firm letter to cease and desist if what they're saying is untrue. Otherwise just ignore it. If they're being childish and petty, people will recognize that they're childish and petty. Anyone that joins in with them is not the kind of people you want anyway.

Keep promoting your gym in a positive light and praising the kids and families that are a still a part of your gym. Always focus on the people that are still with you. They are your bread and butter and the only ones worth your efforts and energy. Block the people kicking up a fuss. The more you read and see what they're saying the more inclined you'll be to respond and fan the flames even bigger.

It WILL go away eventually and it will go away sooner if you refuse to participate in the little drama play they're trying to write.

Good for you for sticking to your guns. People like to think we should do what we do for free. But I have always said there's no such thing as competitive charity cheerleading bc those bills always come due.

And it is responses like this that makes us love you Cupieqt.

@Jenna Robinson there are a few required things you'll need for access to the coaches forum. Please go to that section and read the requirements.

**I see crazy people**

Hey if I'm 13 am I to old to start Allstar cheer.... I've wanted to do cheer for about a year now and I just want to know if I'm to old to do cheer

Hey if I'm 13 am I to old to start Allstar cheer.... I've wanted to do cheer for about a year now and I just want to know if I'm to old to do cheer

Why would you think you're too old? Plenty of time for you to do it as long as you're willing to work and learn. Enjoy

**I see crazy people**

I joined my first All Star team when I was 21 and I had just had a baby. If I can do it then, you can definitely do it now. Go for it kid.

Back