All Star Gyms Stacking Rec Teams

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by eliteathletics, Jan 8, 2011.

1. eliteathletics

eliteathletics I make my own voiceovers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Do you feel that if an allstar gym has rec teams competing under the gyms name and stacks their team with their allstars is it cheating? Also how does a team have allstar in their name and compete rec?

2. CGAcheer

CGAcheer When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Gym Owner
    I think the only qualification to be rec is cheering for another sport.

3. eliteathletics

eliteathletics I make my own voiceovers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Exactly my point- so If an allstar team is "making" rec teams that do not cheer for other sports than is it cheating just to get another title?

4. CGAcheer

CGAcheer When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Gym Owner
    could be, but I don't know the team or the situation. just because allstars is in there name doesn't mean that they are from an allstar gym. They could be the best kids from all the youth football teams' cheerleaders, which would make them an "allstar" team that could compete in rec. Some of the kids could also be on an allstar team from an allstar gym just like some allstar kids compete with their highschools too.

5. Num1Stunta

Num1Stunta Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Gym Owner
    I know of a local Rec program that is rec, allstar, and school all rolled into one. They have all the kids in the town basically, from ages 5-18, come to a tryout. Then, they take their top high school aged kids and put them on a Senior 4.2 team, their bottom high school aged kids go to the high school varsity or jv. Their top middle school kids go to Junior 2 allstars, and their bottom go to either middle school rec or high school jv. Their top kids younger than middle school go to a youth 1 allstar team, the rest go to biddie rec. They have a gym, and the same 2 coaches coach ALL of those teams.

6. garretttt

garretttt Biggest Fan

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    What exactly is rec cheer?

7. Ashay

Ashay I Fierce Board instead of work/study

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Like rah rah cheering, cheering for a midget football league. At least thats what it is around here.

8. garretttt

garretttt Biggest Fan

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Yeah thats what it is here too. Im assuming theyre talking about rec that competes at all star events.

9. Brenner

Brenner I make my own voiceovers

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    We have half year teams. They are kids (mostly) from rec programs that come to cheer for us when their season is over. But they compete in All Star division.

I saw a team... I am pretty sure they were from NY and they had some sort of All Stars in ther name and they wore uniforms that were very "All Stars". At one competition they had one of their teams compete in Rec and others compete in All Stars...............hmmmmmmmmm

10. newcheerdad

newcheerdad Best Speechmaker '12

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I know some gyms with all-star teams have what they call "rec teams", which are usually half-year or introductory teams that still go to competitions. Not sure if that's an actual designation or if it varies by program.