All-Star Allegations

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

To take it a step further, even if you don't know, you're still responsible for it.

Ex: As a coach, if something like this happens to an athlete at the hands of say, my assistant, either:

1. I knew and allowed it. Big issue.

2. I did not know and am still culpable because it is my program and parents/the school trust me to make sure that everything is on the up and up.

My gut instinct is Monica truly loves her athletes. It is awful that evil exist, but I don't believe she was involved.

My gut instinct is Monica truly loves her athletes. It is awful that evil exist, but I don't believe she was involved.

Involved no.

But to what degree are you paying attention to your program if this is happening?

Ex: I have a little boy. He plays soccer.

If this happens to him at the hands of another coach, you bet your butt I want to know how the head coach has NO IDEA.

Ex #2: I work as a school counselor.

If my counselor trainee is found to be abusing students, and I say "wow I had no idea" there is a problem because she is my responsibility.

It just begs the question of "WTF" because this is your shindig and you have no idea what goes on.

Cheerleader sues Navarro College over alleged sexual assault - CBS News

This is heartbreaking. Coach Monica has a stellar reputation for caring for and protecting her athletes. I truly believe if she had any idea she would have immediately put a stop to it and turned him in.

Her statement definitely shows she was caught off guard by these allegations.
What gets me is she had the gall to say this:
"As cheer team members know, I have a zero tolerance policy toward unlawful drug and alcohol use and have disciplined students for violating that policy."

Cmon...

When you're on the 5 year plan at Juco.....
I won't reserve judgement on the head coach, but unfortunately whether she knew of the allegations or not, if in fact she had a volunteer represent the program as an employee that could be a problem in itself. And the fact the allegations were reported in March and nothing was done is :confused::confused::mad:

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If two have already come forward, there are likely others who will.

Random Navarro question and I mean this in the nicest way possible as I am sure all of those kids are lovely and very smart:

What is the typical educational path of someone who cheers there?

I hear a lot about kids cheering at Navarro but not a whole lot about kids getting degrees (even if 2 year degrees) from there?

Do you typically cheer there for 2 and transfer somewhere else to get a 4 year degree? Cheer there for 4 years and get a degree? Just cheer there with no intention of getting one?

Random Navarro question and I mean this in the nicest way possible as I am sure all of those kids are lovely and very smart:

What is the typical educational path of someone who cheers there?

I hear a lot about kids cheering at Navarro but not a whole lot about kids getting degrees (even if 2 year degrees) from there?

Do you typically cheer there for 2 and transfer somewhere else to get a 4 year degree? Cheer there for 4 years and get a degree? Just cheer there with no intention of getting one?
i think navarro is a community college of sorts, but offers select four year degrees, which in turn is allowed to legal call itself a college. Wikipedia explains it better for reference. I know some of the community colleges around my area, are no longer referred to as "community colleges" and went through the some form of legal process to be referred to as a college.
but im always perplexed how navarro even created a cheer team considering they are only a two year school... But im not too educated on how navarro works either

i think navarro is a community college of sorts, but offers select four year degrees, which in turn is allowed to legal call itself a college. Wikipedia explains it better for reference. I know some of the community colleges around my area, are no longer referred to as "community colleges" and went through the some form of legal process to be referred to as a college.
but im always perplexed how navarro even created a cheer team considering they are "essentially" a community college
It is a two year college - no degrees available higher than associates per their web page.

It is a two year college - no degrees available higher than associates per their web page.
yes. i wrote my first part before googling exactly what navarro was. I just based it off what a lot of florida community colleges are now doing in offering four year programs. Navarro is the only cheer program ive heard of that comes from a two year school, but i dont follow college cheer as much, so i could be very wrong on this.

The CC here has a sideline cheer team. There’s an athletic conference regionally for 2 year schools, so many schools have cheer during basketball season. Many CC’s have started offering more of the “frills” because students want them.

Last edited:
If Monica even allowed a tenth of what this article claims the assistance coach was allowed to do---total access, schedules with times and dates, personal information...etc; then she is as culpable, if not more. She may love her cheerleaders, but she absolutely did not operate with their safety in mind. Not only should the school be held accountable for the actions of the volunteer, Monica should be fired without any questions asked. The excuse, "I didn't know," should never be acceptable in a situation like this.

Back