High School Alternative Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 7, 2013
We received an at large bid for UCA nationals, and our booster club voted to not have us go due to the expenses involved and the short amount of time we have to raise funds. We are looking at alternate competitions in March or April to attend. I have not heard a lot about other competitions as far as the different organizations that run national competitions. We were looking at possibly doing the US finals in Chicago, but I know that is a newer competition location and they did not know how many people would sign up. If anyone has any advice or suggestions let me know!

I think there is a nationals in Minnesota, UPA maybe? Not sure how big that is. Also not sure when that is.

Completely unrelated but I love your uniforms in your picture. Just like ours we just got. Neat to see them in different colors.

Where are you located? I work for Rebel Athletic and since Varsity doesn't like to let us come to their events we have a massive list of independent event producers, I can go through that and give you some info if I have a better idea of what regions would be feasible for you. Let me know!

Save your funds & work on skills for next season. My high school didn't go their first two years of getting a bid to save up money. UCA Nationals is really an experience you can't compare to anything else and well worth the wait. Any national competition is expensive, so if you're not 100% knowing what you're going to get from the experience of a smaller competition, why waste the money?

Our school starts fundraising a year before for the next nationals. It's a relatively new program, this was only our 7th year going & the district only has about 100 kids in each graduating class. It's tiny, but effort and fundraising works! If you need any fundraising ideas don't hesitate to let me know!

Good luck this season and I'm hoping to hear all about your trip next year!!!!

We received an at large bid for UCA nationals, and our booster club voted to not have us go due to the expenses involved and the short amount of time we have to raise funds. We are looking at alternate competitions in March or April to attend. I have not heard a lot about other competitions as far as the different organizations that run national competitions. We were looking at possibly doing the US finals in Chicago, but I know that is a newer competition location and they did not know how many people would sign up. If anyone has any advice or suggestions let me know!

US Finals Chicago projections are looking to surpass the 300 team mark.

Where are you located? I work for Rebel Athletic and since Varsity doesn't like to let us come to their events we have a massive list of independent event producers, I can go through that and give you some info if I have a better idea of what regions would be feasible for you. Let me know!
So I REALLLLLY don't want to do any varsity events but comps are SO HARD TO FIND! I may need to hit up your list for the upcoming season :)

I agree with @ARajamin that it'd be nice to have other options outside of Varsity events. Not saying they are bad by any means just nice to have options :-p

Back