College And Here's How Cheering At Ncaa Tournament Games Probably Ends

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 15, 2012
From the Kentucky vs Cincinnati game today (Saturday)...UK Cheerleader grabs and holds down Octavius Ellis after he falls on the ground in front of/on the cheerleaders on the baseline.

Video and small article on BleacherReport

Unbelievable that this happened at all, let alone from a team like Kentucky. I have a feeling this will have repercussions for all cheerleading squads at NCAA Tournament games from now on..

And that really sucks because some of the most exciting basketball games I got to cheer at were during March Madness. What was he thinking?!

From the Kentucky vs Cincinnati game today (Saturday)...UK Cheerleader grabs and holds down Octavius Ellis after he falls on the ground in front of/on the cheerleaders on the baseline.

Video and small article on BleacherReport

Unbelievable that this happened at all, let alone from a team like Kentucky. I have a feeling this will have repercussions for all cheerleading squads at NCAA Tournament games from now on..

And that really sucks because some of the most exciting basketball games I got to cheer at were during March Madness. What was he thinking?!
Why would he do that? It's so obnoxious.

Cheer at NCAA games gets a little intense (I know I was screaming, or attempting to scream with a sore throat, when my school played Princeton Saturday), but yikes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just so you are ALL aware, and as you were neither on the bus after the game with the team or actually on the sideline of this game, it's actually not as it appears. The player fell on the guy and his hand got stuck under our boys. The entire situation was actually all taken care of before the video was on the internet and no reprimands were made, as none of it was intentional or in bad intentions. And there were no repercussions from the NCAA. We would never put ourselves, or our players in a position that would classify us as "unsportsmanlike" on purpose.

Just so you are ALL aware, and as you were neither on the bus after the game with the team or actually on the sideline of this game, it's actually not as it appears. The player fell on the guy and his hand got stuck under our boys. The entire situation was actually all taken care of before the video was on the internet and no reprimands were made, as none of it was intentional or in bad intentions. And there were no repercussions from the NCAA. We would never put ourselves, or our players in a position that would classify us as "unsportsmanlike" on purpose.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Back