OT Ankle & foot tattoo

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 15, 2009
I know there is a thread similiar to this but I need some new ideas. I have one tattoo on my back its a pair of angel wings with my name but I want one around my ankle ending on the top of my foot. I love butterflies, chinese letters, wings, very girlie stuff. I dont want the tribe band because my last boyfriend has it around his ankles. Any ideas or pictures?

I'm thinking about getting a small bumble bee on the top of my foot. I'm wondering how much it hurts though. I do have a high tolerance for pain though....I walked around with a broken wrist for 2 days before going to the Dr, and when I had my son I didn't have a drop of pain killers: 38 hours of labor, 8 hours of pushing, it wasn't pretty.

I know there is a thread similiar to this but I need some new ideas. I have one tattoo on my back its a pair of angel wings with my name but I want one around my ankle ending on the top of my foot. I love butterflies, chinese letters, wings, very girlie stuff. I dont want the tribe band because my last boyfriend has it around his ankles. Any ideas or pictures?

i don't know if you are religious, but i once saw a tattoo that a girl got of a rosary that looked like it was wrapped around her ankle and then the cross hung on her foot. it looked pretty cool too.
but i've heard that foot tattoos hurt pretty badly due to all the bones and the uneven surface.

I saw the rosary tattoo too. I loved it but since Im not catholic I didnt want to get it. My sister has one on each foot and she say yes they hurt.

I figured it would hurt. There's no fat there, and lots of nerve endings. I'm still thinking. Nicole Ritchie has the rosary tattoo on her ankle/foot. A girl I went to high school with had a butterfly done across the entire top of her foot. The body was down the middle and the wings were open across the top and wrapping around the sides. It was so beautiful!

I have a tattoo on top of my foot. It's a pink cheer bow with pink breast cancer ribbons in the fabric of the bow in honor of my aunt who passed away from breast cancer. I love it! An it hurt a lot! I also have a pretty high tolerance for pain. But it hurts because it is right on the bone and when the tattoo guy would go over a few of my nerves my foot would twitch a lot! I'll try to post a pic later! : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have tattoos on each foot and for me personally I thought they actually felt good. Some people have a higher pain tolerance so there is no real answer as to whether it will hurt or not because everyone is different. After a while your adrenaline kicks in and the spot goes kind of numb anyway.

As for an idea, my niece got a tattoo this weekend and she has silhouettes of birds around writing. I really like the birds and they are small and just look great. I have decided I am going to get some on my wrist because they look good. If I get her permission I will post the picture of her tattoo so you can get an idea of what i'm talking about. I can imagine how cute it would be around an ankle and down a foot.

My mom has a tattoo on her foot (below her ankle) and she said it didn't really hurt, but it was just irritating. She said it felt like a cat scratch.
I've been thinking about getting a rosary tattoo when I turn 18 in a couple months but I'm not sure yet.

I think a really good thing for you to do is to go into google images and search all of the things you mentioned above...its a really good way to give you ideas then you can work from that to create your own tattoo. another good thing to do is once you have a general idea that you want ask the tattoo artist (when i got mine i asked him to help me and he made something i would have never thought of and i loved it).

kind of off topic, but has anyone gotten a tattoo on the side of their ribs? I've never gotten a tattoo, but I plan to get one when I turn 21, and I wanted to get the quote, "the greatest revenge is to accomplish what others say you cannot do" across my left side of my ribcage. No shading, just outline.

i have both side on my ribs done and i have a high pain tolerance and it hurt me (not extremely bad but didnt feel good).....i know that its supposed to be the most painful spot to get done but its not the worst thing ever.
are you going to get the words just in black or are you going to have the words as an outline?

i have both side on my ribs done and i have a high pain tolerance and it hurt me (not extremely bad but didnt feel good).....i know that its supposed to be the most painful spot to get done but its not the worst thing ever.
are you going to get the words just in black or are you going to have the words as an outline?

I haven't decided on a font yet! There are so many pretty ones! I saw one that was an outline that was gorgeous, yet I'm tempted to go more traditional scripted lettering. I think "the most painful place" is different depending on who you ask. The last artist I talked to said that permanent make up was the most painful (tattoos on the skin right below your eyes and around your lips! EEK!) my mom has her eyeliner done though and she said it was painful, but not unbearable. I've also heard the ribs, the foot, the underneath side of the arm, the spine, so many places! Most people do say that boys are cry babies compared to girls when it comes to tattoos though LOL.

I was at the tattoo place getting a touch up the other day. I was talking with my tattoo artist about where the most painful was. He said that the most painful place that people would normally get tattoos are the ribs. His daughter is covered in tattoos and agreed that her ribs hurt the most. But like I said earlier it really depends on the person. Everyone reacts differently.

I have one on my wrist and it barely hurt. It was more like an annoying sting pain. I plan on getting one on my foot once I have the money..

kind of off topic, but has anyone gotten a tattoo on the side of their ribs? I've never gotten a tattoo, but I plan to get one when I turn 21, and I wanted to get the quote, "the greatest revenge is to accomplish what others say you cannot do" across my left side of my ribcage. No shading, just outline.

be very careful about where you get a tattoo as you don't want that part of your body to stretch. like if you become pregnant or gain weight, the skin stretches and the tattoo stretches with it. so choose wisely as it will be there for a long,long time. so i'd ask the tattoo artist if that area of your body is likely to stretch before you get it done.

Back