OT Any Lacrosse Players Out There?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Aug 30, 2013
I wanted to know if anyone here also plays lacrosse? It's not a very well known sport (almost like all star cheer!) but I love love love it! I started off playing for my school a few months ago and we lost most of our weekly games ( :D:D:D:D:D:D). But when tournament came round we ended up winning for our division!!

I also have a query; I'm joining a club lacrosse very soon and I need help finding a lacrosse stick! I've joined a lacrosse forum to ask this specific question but honestly the lacrosse forums doesn't feel nearly as welcoming as FierceBoard :confused:

I wanted to know if anyone here also plays lacrosse? It's not a very well known sport (almost like all star cheer!) but I love love love it! I started off playing for my school a few months ago and we lost most of our weekly games ( :D:D:D:D:D:D). But when tournament came round we ended up winning for our division!!

I also have a query; I'm joining a club lacrosse very soon and I need help finding a lacrosse stick! I've joined a lacrosse forum to ask this specific question but honestly the lacrosse forums doesn't feel nearly as welcoming as FierceBoard :confused:

my 10 year old plays Lacrosse. I would try to find a store that specializes in lacrosse merchandise, they can help you with a stick. I know selecting the right one is about your size and your position, but there are other minor things like the pocket, etc. I'm the furthest thing from an expert, though.

I played for three years when I was younger. I lived in Massachusetts where it was very popular so we had actual lacrosse stores but I remember I got my stick at "Richard's" Sporting Goods because I wasn't that great and I didn't need an expensive one. Harrow was a really popular brand with my team so girls got theirs online from them or mixed and matched shafts and heads through the lacrosse store.

My non-cp 11 plays, as did cp in 8th grade. Most regualar sporting goods stores - Modell's, D*ck's, etc - sell a basic stick and protective gear. Girl's lax uses much less equipment than boy's - the stick, eye gear and a mouth piece are all that is needed if I remember correctly. Lax is very popular where we live and there are quite a few stores just dedicated to lax gear, but there are also online sites you can order from if there is nothing near you, and they will also answer any questions you have about stick sizing etc -
Lacrosse Equipment, Lax Gear, Lacrosse Sticks | Lacrosse Unlimited
Lacrosse Equipment, LAX Gear, Sticks, Gloves, Balls & Bags LacrosseMonkey.com
Lacrosse Equipment - Lax.com
Enjoy, it is a great game, and all the running keeps you in shape for cheer!

My non-cp 11 plays, as did cp in 8th grade. Most regualar sporting goods stores - Modell's, D*ck's, etc - sell a basic stick and protective gear. Girl's lax uses much less equipment than boy's - the stick, eye gear and a mouth piece are all that is needed if I remember correctly. Lax is very popular where we live and there are quite a few stores just dedicated to lax gear, but there are also online sites you can order from if there is nothing near you, and they will also answer any questions you have about stick sizing etc -
Lacrosse Equipment, Lax Gear, Lacrosse Sticks | Lacrosse Unlimited
Lacrosse Equipment, LAX Gear, Sticks, Gloves, Balls & Bags LacrosseMonkey.com
Lacrosse Equipment - Lax.com
Enjoy, it is a great game, and all the running keeps you in shape for cheer!

Thank you for the websites! You're so lucky lacrosse is popular where you live! Here in New Zealand it's becoming more popular but good lacrosse sticks in stores are very hard to come by so I have to order mine online.

@cachoi @SheCheers and cheerbank what brands did you use? So far STX, Harrow and Brine are at the top of my list

Thank you for the websites! You're so lucky lacrosse is popular where you live! Here in New Zealand it's becoming more popular but good lacrosse sticks in stores are very hard to come by so I have to order mine online.

@cachoi @SheCheers and cheerbank what brands did you use? So far STX, Harrow and Brine are at the top of my list
I've used STX and Brine. My STX one was a little baby stick so I didn't love or hate it. I liked my Brine a lot because it had a grippy coating. I've used my friend's Harrow and I really liked how it's tapered.

Lacrosse has gotten pretty big here. I've been wanting to join my high school's team but I was worried about it interfering with Allstar cheer. It's a lot of fun though.

I've used STX and Brine. My STX one was a little baby stick so I didn't love or hate it. I liked my Brine a lot because it had a grippy coating. I've used my friend's Harrow and I really liked how it's tapered.

They all seem to have their pros and cons! Arrghh it's so hard to choose from all the sticks out there!

Lacrosse has gotten pretty big here. I've been wanting to join my high school's team but I was worried about it interfering with Allstar cheer. It's a lot of fun though.

Join if you can! All the running you will do seriously keeps you in shape for cheer!

My son's long stick is Brine and his short one is actually Nike.

Back