OT Any Movies/shows That You...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I don't understand how anyone who hasn't read the books can follow Game of Thrones. I'm only on the 3rd season (but I've read all the books), and would have literally no clue who was who or what was happening if I hadn't read them a few months ago.

Also, who/what is Nicholas Sparks?

For some reason I can't make myself watch Breaking Bad or Parks & Recreation
Nicholas Sparks is an author who writes mainly love stories that a lot of times get turned into movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched/loved Parks and Rec, but I've tried several times to watch the Office and I just can't get through it.

I thought that was funny because in another thread I remember people saying the opposite. haha

Game of Thrones is in that category of "Shows I used to really love but now only watch to know what other people are talking about"

Nicholas Sparks is an author who writes mainly love stories that a lot of times get turned into movies.

I can read Nicholas Sparks books but I cannot watch the movies - once a movie is made from one of his books I just can't go see it - so I guess I do have a movie I won't go see. For some reason I just don't feel like the books make good movies - although I have seen some of the movies.

Ok but do you watch like the mid-90s, Chris Farley era? Or the late-90s Will Ferrell area? THE MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER? COWBELL?

Once Farley and Sandler left it became unwatchable. Will Ferrel has been okay in some post-SNL projects, but on SNL I did not find him funny.

Shows I won't watch in spite of them being very hyped:

DWTS (saw 10 minutes of it once and knew it was not for me - 1. those people aren't "stars" and 2. too much over the top praise for very bad dancing ;)).
The voice and AGT.
Survivor
Lost
All Vampire/Magic shows (Wizards of Waverly Place, twilight, etc.) - I just do not like anything "supernatural" in my TV/movie viewing - I only like things that can actually concievably happen.
Anything Kardashian - ugh, never!
Real Housewives - ugh, for the same reasons as the Kardashians.
Jon & Kate and Duggars - ugh - excessive reproduction should not make you famous.

Last edited:
I refuse to watch Twilight. Partially because I think Kristen Stewart is one of the worst actresses ever.
Not one of... She is the worst actress ever.
I thought of another one! I hate Gossip Girl. And I hate how it makes every teenage girl think that being a gossipy b-word is attractive and sophisticated.
I'm kinda surprised by how many people don't like Harry Potter. I mean yeah the movies weren't amazing (bc they like all had different directors) but I liked the books. I still do!

DWTS (saw 10 minutes of it once and knew it was not for me - 1. those people aren't "stars" and 2. too much over the top praise for very bad dancing ;)).
The voice and AGT.
Survivor
Lost
All Vampire/Magic shows (Wizards of Waverly Place, twilight, etc.) - I just do not like anything "supernatural" in my TV/movie viewing - I only like things that can actually concievably happen.
Anything Kardashian - ugh, never!
Real Housewives - ugh, for the same reasons as the Kardashians.
Jon & Kate and Duggars - ugh - excessive reproduction should not make you famous.

I agree with everything but this one hurts

I was an extra in his recent book turned movie!

Although I agree with everyone on Harry Potter
Ahhh that's awesome! I haven't seen it (is it even out yet? Lol) but if I do I will totally look for you! What scene are you in?

Ahhh that's awesome! I haven't seen it (is it even out yet? Lol) but if I do I will totally look for you! What scene are you in?

Yes it's out! It's some of the bull riding scenes in The Longest Ride. I'm surrounding the those gates in the first row in some of those scenes.

Back