All-Star Anyone Got The Info On Az Heat Being Sold?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheermommaRN

Cheer Parent
Dec 14, 2009
Ok I am a day late and a dollar short...Just found out that my oldest dd's gym in Arizona has been sold to coach that ran their office! Their website is down and a link directs you to a wordpress page that hasnt been created. My limited sleuthing took me to Facebook where there was an announcement that the Mitchell's were selling to Tommy Velasquez. It also listed Ruben Romero as one of the contacts...didn't he coach at AZ Myths or USA Starz?
I am just curious because I never thought I would see the day that Jason Mitchell would walk away from the industry.
ArizonaMVP AZCheerMom BowsnBling

Heat is competing next weekend ay American grand no?? They're on the line up...

They are taking a Jr 2 and a Sr 3...according to Facebook the sale took place in May. I am guessing they are trying to make it a seamless turnover

Ok I am a day late and a dollar short...Just found out that my oldest dd's gym in Arizona has been sold to coach that ran their office! Their website is down and a link directs you to a wordpress page that hasnt been created. My limited sleuthing took me to Facebook where there was an announcement that the Mitchell's were selling to Tommy Velasquez. It also listed Ruben Romero as one of the contacts...didn't he coach at AZ Myths or USA Starz?
I am just curious because I never thought I would see the day that Jason Mitchell would walk away from the industry.
ArizonaMVP AZCheerMom BowsnBling
It is true that Tommy is now running Az Heat. Also with Alex Z. I believe she coached at Heat before as well.. I dont know Ruben so I can't confirm that part. It is very exciting for Tommy. He is doing great and has grown so much in this new adventure.

Thanks for tagging me. I did hear some of those rumors a few months back, but hadn't really bothered to put it all together. I think it will be a welcome change in Arizona and wish them well. As for the Mitchells, with nothing nice to say, I guess I shoudln't say anything at all. Not a fan.

Yes, Tommy Velasquez is running the gym now, has a Jr 2 and Sr 3 who will be competing this weekend in Vegas. I cheered at heat for 4 years and love and respect both the Mitchells and Tommy. The gym is in good hands and I'm hopeful it will build back up to the dominating gym that it once was. No idea who Ruben is though.

Back