High School Anyone Had An Injury Like This?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Okay so this is just an uneducated guess, but I've noticed recently that girls have started to stand with their butts sticking out (I blame Kim K). I had to take time out of tryouts today to explain to all the bases how to roll their hips under because they literally didn't get it.
I notice it at worlds in allstar too, bases will have their chest together and legs together but their hips aren't touching.
Maybe she stand like that and has been consistently landing jumps with her butt out causing the two vertebrae in the lower back to take the brunt of the force that would usually be spread throughout the whole spine, and this time was just the straw that broke the camels back.

If you think back did you ever notice her having her lower back arched when she stunted/jumped?

On the freak injury note, a flyer I know who had cheered/flown for over 10 years and had a double, competed at worlds, all that jazz tore her PCL in a cradle because she reached back. She told me she doesn't even know why she did it, the back and bases had caught her normally and it wasn't falling or anything.

Freak injury of my cheerleading career: my flyer tore her ACL going into a shoulder sit at Homecoming. To this day she blames the backspot we had for the stunt because she was 'off' and 'forced her leg into the ground' on the bounce. This girl was very accident prone and kind of ditzy so I take her word with a grain of salt on this one.

Another freak injury story for you all- At the first comp of the 2016 season (not 16-17, just 2016 because the season time is different here) my team was in warm ups and the team from our division that went before us (we happened to be good friends with this team) had one girl break/ tear something doing a bridge. So scary how you can get injuries so severe from the most simple skills.

Back