Anyone Having Ankle/shin Splint Problems After Wearing The New Vengeance Shoe??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 9, 2012
My daughter has always worn the nfinity evolution shoe...about a month ago we switched to the new shoe and now is complaining of what I would call shin splint pain, Love nfinity shoes, so this is not a knock on them, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem....don't know if its the shoe and maybe it doesnt give her the support she needs??

Many girls at my gym, myself included have switched from evolutions to vengeances. While it did not happen to me, 2 girls said that they had shin splint pain for maybe the first few times they wore their nfinities, but once they broke them in, are perfectly fine! Also, is she tumbling on a spring floor or hard floor, because one girl told me that breaking her nfinities in on the hard floor instead of spring floor (when we were in the midst of all star and high school cheering) caused her to have lower joint pain at first. Hopefully you and your daughter can work it out and her pain goes away!

Many girls at my gym, myself included have switched from evolutions to vengeances. While it did not happen to me, 2 girls said that they had shin splint pain for maybe the first few times they wore their nfinities, but once they broke them in, are perfectly fine! Also, is she tumbling on a spring floor or hard floor, because one girl told me that breaking her nfinities in on the hard floor instead of spring floor (when we were in the midst of all star and high school cheering) caused her to have lower joint pain at first. Hopefully you and your daughter can work it out and her pain goes away!

Thank you for your response! No, we are on a spring floor. She loves the feel of the new shoe, but last night was really complaining after tumble class....she said the pain has been there about a month, but has been trying to work through it. (which is the timeline of when she started with the new shoe)....Thanks for the response, just trying to see if any one else is experiencing this.

Thank you for your response! No, we are on a spring floor. She loves the feel of the new shoe, but last night was really complaining after tumble class....she said the pain has been there about a month, but has been trying to work through it. (which is the timeline of when she started with the new shoe)....Thanks for the response, just trying to see if any one else is experiencing this.
No problem! I'm going to tumbling tomorrow and will find out if anyone else is still experiencing pain or was and found a way to make it better. Best of luck for working it out because the shoes really do make such a difference!

My daughter started wearing vengeance about a month ago after wearing the evolutions for years. So far no problem but I am convinced they don't have as much support as the evolutions, plus you can't take out the inner sole and put in a sports orthotic like you can with the evolutions. She loves them though.

Ohhhh boy! My gym is switching to that shoe this season. My CP is a very hard tumbler so im hoping she doesnt get any pain from these. We put support insoles in her previous shoes, might need to do that with these also!

Yes!!! My daughter had shin splint problems years ago and they came back after switching from no limits. I went out and bought 40.00 inserts and while it took her a while to get used to them, it has helped the problem.

I voiced my concerns to a rep in myrtle beach, and his response... "we recommend using inserts with these shoes because they have no insole"

What?!?!?! Why would you sell and 85.00 shoe as the lightest shoe - then we have to add our own weight and pay more $ by buying inserts?

oh boy. i already have shin splint problems, and i was thinking about getting them.

im not allowed (by my gyms rules) to have vengeances. which is dumb. and theyre MAKING me buy new evolutions, when i have a pair in excellent condition already.

I think im going to get vengeance anyways though, because i know what is best for my body and tumbling, and im not spending MY money (read: not my parents) on a pair of shoes I already have.

sorry, ranting. thats been bugging me for a while.

Thanks for posting this...my CP has always worn the evolution and we switched to vegence a few months back and she has complained on several occasions that her ankles hurt when landing her tumbling. The complaints have been off and on so I passed it off as bad technique. Maybe I'll have her switch back to the evolution and see if there is a difference. I wondered when we got them if there was really going to be enough support...

I have had a pair of vengeance for about three months the first time i wore them was at a competition and they bugged me a little bit but after wearing them to tumble a few times they were fin but i wore them on pavement exactly 2 times and they already have holes in the bottom so they do wear out very easily

I got a pair for my daughter in February and she complains about the lack of support in the shoe too. She's worn them in quite a bit though now so she hasn't said anything about it lately.

just when I thought I wanted them...darn. it would be terrible for me considering I already have a bad foot injury. :p

Back