Music Anyone Use Audacity To Make Mixes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Audacity would be a nightmare to make music with I think (not saying it can't be done), I'd try Fruityloops or Ableton personally, but I'm biased because I have experience with them.

To be completely honest, I have a lot of experience with Audacity and it's just not going to produce the same quality of music you see at most comps. A free program just can't compete with the expensive equipment music producers use. I used it to make "walkout mixes" for baseball teams and cuts for pep rally dances but that was about it. It's a good program for the price (lol) and what it's intended to be used for, but I don't think it'll ever be good for professional-grade music, if that's what you're after.

Audacity would be a nightmare to make music with I think (not saying it can't be done), I'd try Fruityloops or Ableton personally, but I'm biased because I have experience with them.
I use Ableton as well. I was just curious if anyone has had any success with it. I tried and failed miserably! I feel spoiled with Ableton. lol

I have made a few (crappy lol) mixes using audacity... the advice above is sound. It's good for beginners, but if you really want to produce quality, sellable work, you're better off using a program like Sony Acid Pro or Fruityloops.

I have made a few (crappy lol) mixes using audacity... the advice above is sound. It's good for beginners, but if you really want to produce quality, sellable work, you're better off using a program like Sony Acid Pro or Fruityloops.
lol I gave it go... then gave up quick. I was just trying to see if a free program could handle the load of a cheer mix. Honestly I wouldn't even recommend it for beginners as they would just get frustrated and give up totally. If you have a mac, garageband would be a close second to start on but I think Ableton is the way to go.

So do you make your own mixes now?

lol I gave it go... then gave up quick. I was just trying to see if a free program could handle the load of a cheer mix. Honestly I wouldn't even recommend it for beginners as they would just get frustrated and give up totally. If you have a mac, garageband would be a close second to start on but I think Ableton is the way to go.

So do you make your own mixes now?
I haven't in a long time... but I taught myself using simple YouTube tutorials. They are extremely helpful.

Back