All-Star Ap Testing And Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

what is more important for you: your academics and possibly saving money with college credits or a cheerleading competition that happens every year? hmmmmm.... think of it that way.

My finals start the Monday after Worlds and I have a 830 exam, I'm going to try to move it cause I've already planned half my Worlds trip! I h8 college. Hahah

hot avatar, you hot gurl you. blonde chick is a dime.

but---- leave Sunday night. I had to leave Indy AND Cheersport early last year to take tests. I wouldn't risk an AP test on staying Sunday after competing unless you were 10000% in the running to win

Stop it. When you make reasonable, well thought out posts, my worlds collide.
what are you talking about? AP testing is ALOT more important for someone is high school than worlds. Do you not know the many many benefits of taking and doing well of AP tests? She can go and live the experience of worlds any year. She gets ONE opportunity for these tests and its best not to blow it. I dont know if you were agreeing with me or not, because you can never make a serious post, but these is just my two cents.

what are you talking about? AP testing is ALOT more important for someone is high school than worlds. Do you not know the many many benefits of taking and doing well of AP tests? She can go and live the experience of worlds any year. She gets ONE opportunity for these tests and its best not to blow it. I dont know if you were agreeing with me or not, because you can never make a serious post, but these is just my two cents.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say he was agreeing with you.... and just made it in to a joke (ish)

I do agree with yall, school is more important than cheerleading. But I also don't think it is an option for the poster to skip Worlds this year. If she's competing there, it's not like she can go "experience it any year". She isn't blowing off her tests, she's looking into the option of rescheduling it. If she competes Sunday and flies home for her 8am text absolutely exhausted, she might not be putting her best effort into it, so if there is an alternate date it would probably be best to take it then. I would say if she's in 3 AP courses as a junior she knows the importance of school.

really kind of depends. I don't think any of the big universities in my state even accept AP classes as a credit. I would check with your college. I mean, I know the community colleges around me accept them, but I don't think the universities do. I'm almost positive that U of A doesn't. All of my college credits were actually taken in college while I was in high school as dual enrollment, so they had to accept them at ASU, so I don't knw. I would really check with the college you plan to attend. If they don't accept them as credits, it wouldn't even be worth the money to take those exams.

Really?! Isn't potential Worlds glory a little more important then an AP test seriously win worlds go to Louisville=no need for Ap classes ; D lol jkkkkkkkkk

really kind of depends. I don't think any of the big universities in my state even accept AP classes as a credit. I would check with your college. I mean, I know the community colleges around me accept them, but I don't think the universities do. I'm almost positive that U of A doesn't. All of my college credits were actually taken in college while I was in high school as dual enrollment, so they had to accept them at ASU, so I don't knw. I would really check with the college you plan to attend. If they don't accept them as credits, it wouldn't even be worth the money to take those exams.

According to this U of A does. I don't know of too many schools NOT accepting AP credits. They don't care if you test out of a couple of gen ed classes.

http://catalog.arizona.edu/2010-11/policies/apexam.htm

So does ASU

http://catalog.asu.edu/credit_exam#AP

My advice would be to reschedule it if that's an option. I don't remember there being an alternate testing date when I took the AP tests, but that was about 6 years ago at this point. Otherwise, leave Sunday night and still pay for your share of the hotel room so you don't screw over your roommates. Eating the cost of an extra night in a hotel is worth it if you can make your test.

i'm facing the same problem too except thankfully my tests are spread out so only one of them is that monday. i told my teacher i was missing it and he laughed in my face telling me that sucks..
i'm signed up for the make up testing date & although it's apparently harder than the original i'm just gonna have to get my nerd on to the extreme those extra weeks i do have until the make up. it sucks :\

almost all universities accept AP tests, where are your sources?

Hmm.. you guys had me thinking because my daughter is performing at Worlds and has 2 AP classes. She is going to miss one on Monday so I googled AP testing dates and they have late dates if you miss. I then called and was told that the reasons for being excused were on a case by case basis up to the AP coordinator of your High School. A sporting event is considered a reason but you may have to pay additional $40 for the later test date. Our school said that she has to miss it first...then they will order the late test date. Make sure you go right away though as there is a cut-off date for that as well..for Psych it happens to be May 6.

Hope this helps !!

I definitely think you should check out what the colleges you are thinking about applying to do with ap credits. Some don't even take them, some you have to score a 5 for them to count, or some don't even take them unless they are math/science. It really depends.

Also depending on your major it may only count at a general elective. Definately check your school and major's degree plan. I took both AP english exams my junior then senior year in high school, and the one I took junior year counted for 6 english hours but the one i took senior year counted as a humanities elective that i didnt really need, so i could have just taken the first one really and been fine.

Back