All-Star Apparently Another Worlds Gym Goes Out Of Business...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Illinois cheer has quickly become the last season of Desperate Housewives...

Should be pointed out that this is Chicagoland Cheer, the rest of the state doesn't have this kind of drama. It is likely because it is the 3rd largest metro area in the country but Cheer is relatively underdeveloped in the market.

Any gyms get enough kids to add a new team? Interested to see who grew! It's sad though seeing such a large program to now being non existent. It's happened to several good programs throughout the country

It doesn't look like UA has made a Facebook or Twitter official announcement about closing. Am I wrong or is it just on the DL?

If all is true, I am almost nostalgic. I can remember what seems like not that long ago, 14 year old me sneaking back into the warm-up room after I had competed just to watch the UA "higher level" teams warming up. I was in awe of everything that they were doing, and hoping I could be like them one day. I hope this isn't true, but if it is I hope everything goes well in this transition period for UA athletes and families.

yes, u r correct. No one knows why UA can not admit they r done. They are being locked out of the building they r in for non payment. The tumbling team that rented space had to move abruptly last week after being called by the owner ( not UA) of the building telling them what is going to happen. Top coaches and program manager resigned. Athletes have left and are scrambling to find another gym/team so they can do what they love. UA keeps putting stupid notices on Facebook welcoming athletes back to the gym after the 4th of July break and UA is sending out e-mails saying they are moving to a smaller location. The whole thing is criminal. Once everything is settled in GEORGIA and if the UA owner is found guilty or pleas, which is an admission of guilt, he will lose his USASF accreditation and will no longer be able to be involved with All~Star cheer. It is just a matter of time. It is sad, totally avoidable and senseless for UA to keep up this facade!

yes, u r correct. No one knows why UA can not admit they r done. They are being locked out of the building they r in for non payment. The tumbling team that rented space had to move abruptly last week after being called by the owner ( not UA) of the building telling them what is going to happen. Top coaches and program manager resigned. Athletes have left and are scrambling to find another gym/team so they can do what they love. UA keeps putting stupid notices on Facebook welcoming athletes back to the gym after the 4th of July break and UA is sending out e-mails saying they are moving to a smaller location. The whole thing is criminal. Once everything is settled in GEORGIA and if the UA owner is found guilty or pleas, which is an admission of guilt, he will lose his USASF accreditation and will no longer be able to be involved with All~Star cheer. It is just a matter of time. It is sad, totally avoidable and senseless for UA to keep up this facade!

What you are saying is terrible for the kids and families. But if you are going to put it out here publicly, you have to prove it. Show some screen shots of emails or something. Other than a building being sold which can happen for many reasons, there is no documented proof of the program closing. You keep saying that _____ and ____ keep saying _____, but there is nothing backing you up. And no, sending me a private message doesn't count as proof. If you are going to say it publicly, please back it up publicly.

What you are saying is terrible for the kids and families. But if you are going to put it out here publicly, you have to prove it. Show some screen shots of emails or something. Other than a building being sold which can happen for many reasons, there is no documented proof of the program closing. You keep saying that _____ and ____ keep saying _____, but there is nothing backing you up. And no, sending me a private message doesn't count as proof. If you are going to say it publicly, please back it up publicly.

It is terrible for the kids and families, many of which have already paid some money for this season and will not receive the expected services in return. Just like Georgia. That being said @Squirrelygirly9 has every right to not burn her sources if they didn't give her permission to post the correspondence she has seen. I started this post after talking to actual athletes that were turned away and told the gym was closed for good. I for one will not give the names of the CPs this came from but they were very upset.

Also please note other than a Facebook post or 2, where are the parents and the CPs coming out to say thry attended practice/open gym this week? Where are the people who came on here and claimed the gym had been bought by a private equity and was no longer owner by Craig?

What you are saying is terrible for the kids and families. But if you are going to put it out here publicly, you have to prove it. Show some screen shots of emails or something. Other than a building being sold which can happen for many reasons, there is no documented proof of the program closing. You keep saying that _____ and ____ keep saying _____, but there is nothing backing you up. And no, sending me a private message doesn't count as proof. If you are going to say it publicly, please back it up public

]
everyonr

It is true and you will soon see. Everyone here is talking about it and athletes are crushed as they believed in UA and all the lies they told. Why don't you do some investigating yourself like call the building owner, you can find the info on Google. The address is 1210 Karl Court, Wauconda, IL.

I was just clicking through the listing for UA's building and one of the pictures has a room labelled as tanning. Did UA have their own tanning beds? Do other gyms have this?

This is so weird to me.

It's a room for spray tanning. No tanning beds.

Back