Arabian Legal For Level 6?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 3, 2011
I have been hearing of people doing an arabian up into stunts and want to add it for a partner stunt routine. Here is a video of someone performing it:

I believe that this is legal...

If you start it from the squish position (both of the feet in hands rather than one foot on the ground) is it still legal?

I have been hearing of people doing an arabian up into stunts and want to add it for a partner stunt routine. Here is a video of someone performing it:

I believe that this is legal...

If you start it from the squish position (both of the feet in hands rather than one foot on the ground) is it still legal?

its illegal because rewinds have to start from the ground

its illegal because rewinds have to start from the ground

Looking up the USASF definition of a rewind: A free-flipping release move used as an entrance skill into a stunt.

I have to agree that you wouldn't be allowed to do it from the squish position. The arabian would fall under the broad definition of a 'rewind' skill.

Not that it's a big deal to tap a toe on the ground, I just wanted a different look for the transition.

Looking up the USASF definition of a rewind: A free-flipping release move used as an entrance skill into a stunt.

I have to agree that you wouldn't be allowed to do it from the squish position. The arabian would fall under the broad definition of a 'rewind' skill.

Not that it's a big deal to tap a toe on the ground, I just wanted a different look for the transition.

Although, if it was from Hands or Extended (with power press) it could be legal as a release move....possibly. I'm pretty sure a partner stunt at the ICU (Premier - which follows the same rules as Level 6) had a Block Power Press Back Tuck to block in their routine....but I'd have to double check

ETA: I think that was at Europeans, so nevermind :D

Last edited:
Just looked at the updated rules for level 6. Looks like the stunt in the video is illegal...

Clarification: Toe pitch, leg pitch and similar types of tosses are not allowed in initiating free flipping skills.

So, does there remain any way of 'legally' throwing a single based arabian?

Looks like only if it starts from the ground, is it legal:
Rewinds (free flipping) and assisted flipping stunts and transitions are allowed. Rewinds must originate from ground
level only and are allowed up to 1 flipping and 1 ¼ twisting rotations.

Looks like only if it starts from the ground, is it legal:
Rewinds (free flipping) and assisted flipping stunts and transitions are allowed. Rewinds must originate from ground
level only and are allowed up to 1 flipping and 1 ¼ twisting rotations.
Correct. Unless you catch in a cradle and call it a stunt transition. Then you just need to follow Toss rules.

Correct. Unless you catch in a cradle and call it a stunt transition. Then you just need to follow Toss rules.
Not quite if its for one man partner stunting...cant toss in that sense (baskets) by yourself, and then it goes back to toe pitch or similar it is not allowed....and rewinds to cradle are only allowed 1-1/4 flips.

ETA: unless you mean toss as in toss hands/extended etc. Then it follows release moves (e.g. rewind=release move....meaning back to rule that rewinds must originate from ground)

Last edited:
Not quite if its for one man partner stunting...cant toss in that sense (baskets) by yourself, and then it goes back to toe pitch or similar it is not allowed....and rewinds to cradle are only allowed 1-1/4 flips.

ETA: unless you mean toss as in toss hands/extended etc. Then it follows release moves (e.g. rewind=release move....meaning back to rule that rewinds must originate from ground)
No I meant a toss like a basket. Didn't realize you were only talking about a single person. Was just throwing out ideas. Very much aware of the rules.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Fierce Board mobile app

Back