College Are Dive Rolls Allowed In College?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 12, 2010
i did a dive roll today and my coach said they arn't allowed? i kinda associate college as level 6 which may be wrong, but are the allowed and what kinds of dive rolls are allowed if any?

For the most part college is level 6, but not all of the rules are the same (ie no double fulls in college). Dive rolls are also illegal (I don't know why though).

From the rules:

G. Tumbling
1. Tumbling skills performed over, under or through partner stunts, pyramids or individuals are prohibited.
2. Tumbling skills that exceed one flipping rotation are prohibited.
3. Tumbling skills with two or more twisting rotations are prohibited.
4. Dive rolls are prohibited.
5. Airborne drops to a prone position on the performing surface are illegal. (Examples: A back flip or a jump landing
in a pushup position is illegal. A handspring to a pushup position is legal as it is not airborne prior to the prone
landing.)

http://www.aacca.org/media/resources/2010-11 College Rules.pdf

I think it has to do with the fact that college is not on spring floor.

There are some differences in college and level 6 (outside of tumbling and baskets). Mostly they make it very hard to take a competitive routine straight from college and go into 6. Silly little nuances.

ughhhhhhhhh im so mad, i have a sick dive roll i could never use in level 5 and had to wait till level 6, but there is none in my area anymore and only college

I actually have another legality question...Are "paper dolls" allowed at the collegiate level? For those who don't call it paper dolls or have no clue what I'm talking about, they are connecting heel stretches all in one line. I know heel stretch pyramids are allowed, but those are different since they are not in one single line across the floor.

I actually have another legality question...Are "paper dolls" allowed at the collegiate level? For those who don't call it paper dolls or have no clue what I'm talking about, they are connecting heel stretches all in one line. I know heel stretch pyramids are allowed, but those are different since they are not in one single line across the floor.

Yes, paper dolls were done for years in college before they were legal in All-Stars.

Back