All-Star Are You A Well-rounded Cheerleader?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Phoebe:
1) Showmanship
2) Dance ability
3) Motion technique
4) Jumps
5) Running tumbling
6) Standing tumbling
7) Stunts (includes pyramid)
8) Baskets

The two lowest are due to the fact that she won't trust any of the bases and every time they've put her up she spazzes out. She could be a good flyer if she just got over her fear and control issues. What we are doing to help her...this summer she will be alternating each week between flying and tumbling privates. I am hoping she stays on a Level 2 team (crossing fingers we have enough kids next season for a Y2) so she can work on flying, if she moves up a level there is no chance she will get in the air. Our gym is overflowing in the level 3 flying department...
Definitely her best areas are showmanship and dance, she sells that routine like ice cream to eskimos! And I give all that credit to the two girls from Panthers that she shared a private with at CA...she would watch them do their routine full out and try to copy their "fierceness". Also her coach Cody has helped her master the "after landing a pass facial"!

Strong: Motions, Stunts, Running tumbling, pyramid
Ehhhh: standing tumbling(inconsistant 2 to double), dance ability, showmanship
Weak: Baskets (i hate them!), jumps (hate them too!)

Strong:
Stunts, Baskets, Pyramids, Showmanship, and Motions

Average:
Running tumbling, Jumps, and Dance

Mediocre:
Standing Tumbling, and Endurance (stupid athletics induced asthma)

Strong: stunting(including pyramids), motions, showmanship, jumps
Average (could be better)Running/standing tumbling, dance

Strong: Running tumbling, standing tumbling, stunts, pyramid, showmanship
Weak: Jumps, dance, baskets.

This is very interesting, thanks for sharing Level5Mom! I think coaches should introduce this to their athletes (especially during younger years)..many cheerleaders "know their weakness", but do very little when it comes to strengthening it. Maybe if it is spelled out for them, they will be more likely to come up with ways to strengthen their weaknesses ie. extra tumble classes, jump conditioning, stunt clinics etc.

Here is mine:
Showmanship
Motion technique
Jumps
Dance ability
Stunts
Baskets
Standing tumbling
Running tumbling

The top 4 are simply the most consistent everytime I perform/practice a routine...the bottom 4 tend to be less consistent and require more work and practice to become stronger/more consistent!

I have 2 cps and they are completely different in their strengths and weaknesses.
older cp-
Showmanship
Dance ability
stunts
running tumbling
jumps
motion technique
standing tumbling
This is my 8yo. She is strong on facials and performing but needs to clean up some. She does great when they run through the routine without music but once the music is turned on she gets so into it she tends to loosen up her moves some. We are working at home to fix this. For her tumbling she has a private every wk and an extra tumbling class. It doesn't come easy for her but she is on the higher end for her team because she works hard at it. I think the biggest problem is her endurance since she has asthma and is working with half a lung (was removed as a baby) it makes tumbling and jumping hard for her.

younger cp-
standing tumbling
running tumbling
jumps
motion technique
stunts
dance ability
showmanship
This is my 5yo. I gave her the lowest for showmanship because she is shy until you get to know her. She has never actually performed before since their first competition is not until March and this is her first year. I'm not sure if she will even get on stage yet. She is advanced in everything else so I'm hoping she can overcome the shyness. If I could combine my 2 kids I would have the ideal cheerleader LOL.

Not in a specific order:
Standing tumbling: good, almost had 3 to double. before my mental block
Running tumbling: Front through to double, until mental block ( so standing and running i gotta work on getting less mental blocks lol)
Stunts (includes pyramid): Need to be tighter and less lazy and my double downs need major improvement. (any tips on these, from scorp or scale??)
Jumps: My jumps are good. Not great but I'm in the front row, so I guess they're pretty good. ( But i hate them, most tiring thing in the entire routine.) Need to work on my front hurdler though. It helps to do them with ankle weights or on hard floor.
Baskets: Kick double is ok, need to improve my kick and add lib kick. Doing them on trampoline helps me improve them.
Motion technique: My motions are pretty good most of the time, but i get lazy every once in a while, which i need to not do.
Showmanship: Could be better, not horrible, but not great. Idk I get nervous, and it shows sometimes.
Dance ability:Kinda depends on the dance, i'm not the best dancer but good enough i guess cuz i'm in the front row. It's at the end of the routine and i'm so tired i don't try sometimes, so i gotta work on that.

Stunts/Baskets <--all the same for me im a back lol
Showmanship
Motions/Dance
Jumps
Standing tumbling/Running tumbling

I'm re-working all my tumbling now...i broke my hand so im trying to get my muscle-memory back, other wise it would be further up my list. My jumps are killer @ practice, especially because I do them in front of the mirror, and my pikes/hurdlers are great even when i compete but my triple toes get pushed to the back burner...lol its the 3rd 2 last thing we do in the routine so @ that point I just want it to be over lol

Strong:
Stunts, Baskets, Pyramids, Showmanship, and Motions

Average:
Running tumbling, Jumps, and Dance

Mediocre:
Standing Tumbling, and Endurance (stupid athletics induced asthma)

omg! totally agree! Athletics Induced Asthma sucks!
by the end of a routine i can barely breathe at all!

im pretty well rounded but standing backs are my enemy! my one coach told me it looked like i was riding a elephant i cowboy soo bad haha!

Hmm this is a useful thing to think about. Let's see.
Stunts
Motions
Jumps
Showmanship
Standing Tumbling
Running Tumbling
Baskets
I simply cannot dance. For my life. I've given up on trying.

(if flexibility was on this list it would be at the top :D )
Jumps - Front centre on both teams :) (I'm a crossover)
Motion Technique - Sharp motions
Stunts (includes pyramid)
Showmanship
Baskets - just decent
Running tumbling - I have good technique, just not much variation of what I can do.... yet :)
Standing Tumbling - same as above ^
Dance ability - I don't pick up the dance quickly :/ and I just don't like doing dances....

Latest posts

Back