OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 15, 2009
I know its been discussed in a couple of other threads, but with competition really kicking off today? last night? I thought it'd be nice to for people that are watching/keeping up with the competition to have one place to discuss

Few articles/resources that I've stumbled upon

Kyla Ross suffered hip injury before World Championships | OlympicTalk

(Live Stream)~ US Only
Live | usagymworlds.com

Schedule
Schedule | usagymworlds.com

NBC Coverage
NBC will have coverage Oct. 11 at 2 p.m. and Oct. 12 at 3 p.m.

Broadcast Schedule
World Gymnastics Championships broadcast schedule | OlympicTalk

Last edited:
I'm so excited! I think I might wake up early the women's AA finals.

US women's podium training: 2014 World Championships - U.S. Women's Podium Training - YouTube

US/Non-US Qualifying vids: 2014 World Championships - Men's Qualification - YouTube
2014 World Championships - Men's Qualifying - Non-U.S. - YouTube

The FIG channel is also uploading videos and I think streaming some stuff live? FIG Channel - YouTube

USA Gymnastic's YouTube channel is also streaming stuff live! Women's qualifying starts at 8:00pm with Russia and the USA goes on at 5am on Sunday! Probably won't wake up for that, but GO USA! The Gymternet | The ultimate gym site. For the ultimate gym nerd. also has a TON of great coverage and articles about Worlds. The author used to write for The Couch Gymnast, but started her own site. I love her articles because I think Lauren is very honest, but is always positive.

I'm so excited to watch Biles and to see how MyKayla Skinner does at her first Worlds! I actually think she might be able to knock Ross out of AA finals? We'll see, but good luck to everyone competing! :)

2popqut.png
[/IMG]
2popqut.png

Nastia posted this picture with He Kexin earlier today. The comments regarding the 2008 age controversy made me LOL. He Kexin did grow up to be stunning though.

2popqut.png
[/IMG]
2popqut.png

Nastia posted this picture with He Kexin earlier today. The comments regarding the 2008 age controversy made me LOL. He Kexin did grow up to be stunning though.

i feel a little better about the age controversy now that they're around the same size. maybe she (and all of team China?) really were just the tiniest children they could find. She certainly did grow up into a beautiful woman!

2popqut.png
[/IMG]
2popqut.png

I remember the news segment in which they tried to prove that she was underage by comparing photos of her face to a diagram of a child's face. Of course the diagram was a frontal view, and the photos of Kexin were side profiles. And no one seemed to take into account the fact that Chinese women tend to look younger than women of other nationalities. I think people were a little too salty that year.

I agree, she has a lovely bone structure.

i feel a little better about the age controversy now that they're around the same size. maybe she (and all of team China?) really were just the tiniest children they could find. She certainly did grow up into a beautiful woman!

I still feel like they were underage. The did it in 2000.... I don't see why they wouldn't do it again. But then again I'm distrusting and skeptical of all people so.....

They get a pass for the 2012 Olympics since at least 2 of their gymnasts were from 2008...so they were old enough by default...

But no... in 2008 He Kexin was for sure a child..in my opinion

Am I the only one who doesn't think the Chinese team in 2008 was underage? The only one I've ever been kinda suspicious of was Shang Chunsong... She just looks SO tiny. But I really don't think China is falsifying ages. Not in 08 and not now either.

Thank for posting the schedules. I could only find them in military local time and my brain just couldn't calculate that.

Thank for posting the schedules. I could only find them in military local time and my brain just couldn't calculate that.
Can't count past 12? Use your fingers AND toes.

LOL, I'm so used to it since I spent my whole career telling time that way. Have fun watching everyone!

Can't count past 12? Use your fingers AND toes.

LOL, I'm so used to it since I spent my whole career telling time that way. Have fun watching everyone!
haha Not just military time, that I could probably do. But military time + time difference.

I went to journalism school for a reason.

haha Not just military time, that I could probably do. But military time + time difference.

I went to journalism school for a reason.

Oh, then you have to borrow a friend's finger's and toes for the time change. Or use SIRI to help, haha.

Funny thing is that many of the best flyers I worked with were geometry, poli sci, and history majors.

Back