OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
This may only be on the news now... but the part about the Karolyis comes as no surprise to anyone at this point.

Yeah, Moceanu spoke out about the Karolyi's physical and emotional abuse 20 years ago. Not surprising, and now that they've retired, I wonder how many more athletes will step forward.

So much respect and admiration for the first girl who spoke up about the doctor in September. Seems she paved the way for others to not be afraid to speak up, too. I hope he is charged and does time. And I hope the ranch becomes a safe place for these vulnerable kids again and policies are changed so they are never alone, especially with authority figures who determine your olympic fate.

I hate how they say the victim is anonymous and then basically give you all of the years she was on the National Team and the year she made the Worlds team.

I respect Marta Karolyi for how she has helped American gymnastics, but I find it hard to believe that this has been going on for so long and has affected so many athletes without anybody at USAG being aware about it. Especially her or Bela. I hope whomever had any knowledge about this is held accountable for it. I hope most of all that the victims are able to heal and be happy and healthy.

I hate how they say the victim is anonymous and then basically give you all of the years she was on the National Team and the year she made the Worlds team.

I respect Marta Karolyi for how she has helped American gymnastics, but I find it hard to believe that this has been going on for so long and has affected so many athletes without anybody at USAG being aware about it. Especially her or Bela. I hope whomever had any knowledge about this is held accountable for it. I hope most of all that the victims are able to heal and be happy and healthy.
im not reading anywhere, where it gives away the year she was on the worlds team.... it does say she was apart of the 2000 olympic team, and a national team member from 2004-2010, which basically rules out dawes, and chow since they were national team members before 2004.

im not reading anywhere, where it gives away the year she was on the worlds team.... it does say she was apart of the 2000 olympic team, and a national team member from 2004-2010, which basically rules out dawes, and chow since they were national team members before 2004.

The first person was a 2000 Olympic Medalist

The new person on the national team from 2004 to 2010 and was ages 12-18 at the time and is now 24

It's not difficult to play the process of elimination game to figure out who this new person is.

There was an article by the IndyStar that listed the Worlds team of the most recent victim. Even though the year she was on the Worlds team wasn't in the ESPN article, it is still incredibly easy to figure out. Like @SL&AM said you just gotta play the process of elimination game.

The victim from the 2000 Olympic team is a different person and they came forward in early September.

Has anyone been to the gymnastics tour? Or going? We r going the 12th, hope it's a good show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went last weekend in Pitt! It was a lot of fun, but who you get depends on what's going on in the gymnasts lives. Shawn was at a friend's wedding per social media and I went on a Sunday so we didn't have Laurie because of dwts, and of course gaby hasn't been performing as far as I've seen. The guys were all there, some of the rhythmic team, an acro pair, Nastia, Aly, Jordyn, Ashton, and of course Simone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was an article by the IndyStar that listed the Worlds team of the most recent victim. Even though the year she was on the Worlds team wasn't in the ESPN article, it is still incredibly easy to figure out. Like @SL&AM said you just gotta play the process of elimination game.

The victim from the 2000 Olympic team is a different person and they came forward in early September.
It wasn't that hard to figure also one article listed her coaches which could lead to one person only. With the article I read I figured out who it was in less than 30 second. Honestly it makes me question if another club mate was abused as well as the club mate gave an interview earlier this year with not the nicest words torwards the Karolyi's nor her coaches. I won't say who here but also the girl who suing got awfully skinny between Nationals and Worlds and didn't have the best worlds. My heart breaks for her she was one of my favs in the battle for the 2008 team as a dark horse per say. I was so excited when she finally made Worlds and then she had a horrible worlds experience and it broke my heart. My thoughts are with all the girls, I've volunteered at a few events and had met Nassar, when all the allegations started coming out last month I was in shock. Everyone I'd known had praised Nassar. My heart also breaks for Nassars children as he has severely autistic child as well as 2 other kids I believe.

I HATE that the media is outing the victim. Jane Doe made allegations a, b, c over the years x, y, z by Dr. Nassar is all that was necessary to share. Current age, state, what years they were on teams with ages make it way too easy to identify her and this is why so many women don't want to step forward. If they wanted this to be public, they would not have filed under Jane Doe. (I also don't think they would have waited until both Karolyis had stepped down.)

Back