OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Her IG has quite a few videos of training. I'm still connected to gymnastics from when Phoebe was mini elite training. She's not the most loved athlete in the USA gymnastics program. A LOT of athletes post about it being BS that she's even training for 2020 considering how many years they've put in.

She's athletically gifted. Some kids can pick up any sport and just excel. My friends daughter was that way, it could be underwater basket weaving and she would be the best weaver within months.

I hope she gets to the big show but I think she has a lot of work ahead of her because she hits the skills but needs work on cleaning.

Soooo Mustafina says she hopes to return to training in the fall. After giving birth in June.

Aliya Mustafina, pregnant, expected to return to training in 2017 | OlympicTalk
Uhhhh...
That seems very early.

But I make it a rule to avoid saying that pregnant women or new mothers are incapable of anything. After giving birth to me, my mother immediately got back to serious competitive sports. The female body is an impressive thing, y'all.
If there are complications or health issues, though, I'd hope that she would take it easy and not put herself at risk.

Uhhhh...
That seems very early.

But I make it a rule to avoid saying that pregnant women or new mothers are incapable of anything. After giving birth to me, my mother immediately got back to serious competitive sports. The female body is an impressive thing, y'all.
If there are complications or health issues, though, I'd hope that she would take it easy and not put herself at risk.
This. And she said she hopes to return to training in the Fall, not competing at a World Championships in the Fall. Most serious runners even if they only do it as a hobby return to running very quickly after giving birth. This doesn't seem far fetched to me at all.

I don't really keep up with NCAA gymnastics actively, but Maggie Nichols seems to be killing it (as expected.) She leads the county in AA points and has scored a 10 on beam, floor and vault. Mykayla is really coming into her own too.

Rankings on FloGymnastics

Maggie earned the highest AA score in 12 years for the NCAA at her last meet. She is absolutely killing it and it makes me so incredibly happy. (I can't find the article to link right now so the 12 years is based on my memory. But you get the idea ;) )

Maggie earned the highest AA score in 12 years for the NCAA at her last meet. She is absolutely killing it and it makes me so incredibly happy. (I can't find the article to link right now so the 12 years is based on my memory. But you get the idea ;) )
It's so great to see. I admittedly wasn't the biggest MyKayla fan during her elite days but the NCAA style definitely works for her. She looks so comfortable and at home out there.

I've never really followed NCAA but I am officially Team LSU since Ruby Harrold is a freshman on the team. She scored her highest score so far at their last meet on vault and her reaction to sticking it was priceless! It's so nice seeing her get so much love and attention and I feel like she's really flourishing there.

Back