OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Good question. I thought I'd read that she was one of the "taller" gymnasts at 5' or 5'1".
according to the Olympics site she was 5'2 in London.

Wow then kudos to the coaches at GymMax for keeping her that skilled four years later with such a huge growth spurt.

Though, it's no surprise (and actually more surprising she held off her growth for so long) as her "little" sister is a 5'10 volleyball player at University of Hawaii.

Oh and not sure if this was shared here yet, but Sam Makulik tore his achilles this weekend at the Winter Cup. :oops: He's already had surgery on it. He just tweeted a video of it happening.

Oh and not sure if this was shared here yet, but Sam Makulik tore his achilles this weekend at the Winter Cup. :oops: He's already had surgery on it. He just tweeted a video of it happening.

And the fact that the foot was already taped... mega ouch.

And the fact that the foot was already taped... mega ouch.
It's taped because that's the same one he partially tore in late 2015 before Worlds that year. This time it was a complete tear.

It's a good thing he knew how to fall out of that ,because I'm guessing he felt the tear the moment he rebounded from the round-off but it was too late and he had already went upside down.

Also, the most unlikely coupling of gymnast... definitely didn't see this one coming:
8401b096b60caa0bfffeff3dfa514c76.jpg

I don't even know when they see each other seeing as he still trains at the OTC in Colorado and she coaches at UCLA.

It's taped because that's the same one he partially tore in late 2015 before Worlds that year. This time it was a complete tear.

It's a good thing he knew how to fall out of that ,because I'm guessing he felt the tear the moment he rebounded from the round-off but it was too late and he had already went upside down.
Oh yeah, the way he came up and started twisting before immediately flopping out of it definitely looks like it happened on the round off. Ouch. Thanks goodness for that mat there!

OMG HE JUST INSTAGRAMMED A PICTURE OF IT MID-SURGERY VOM VOM VOM VOM VOM Sam whyyyyyyyyyy

... but she was just 17 years old in 2012.

They do seem genuinely into each other and I wish them happiness together.

hey, weirder love stories have happened. 17/25 isn't too too terrible of an age difference--plus they have so much in common and they exist in similar social circles.

hey, weirder love stories have happened. 17/25 isn't too too terrible of an age difference--plus they have so much in common and they exist in similar social circles.

Agreed. Not advocating adult/minor relationships, but women in elite gymnastics grow up and mature very quickly. They travel internationally, often without family, only with their team and coaches and sometimes the mens team. It creates strong bonds and since most of the girls are so mature the age difference isn't as evident.

chris brooks is not 25, hes 30. i got curious and looked it up. unless your referring to when they first met in 2012?

theres definitely a gap, but im sure they have a lot in common then most people with that age gap.

Back