OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
chris brooks is not 25, hes 30. i got curious and looked it up. unless your referring to when they first met in 2012?

theres definitely a gap, but im sure they have a lot in common then most people with that age gap.

I was referring to 2012. She's not 17 right now either.

Melbourne Cup in Australia has been happening this weekend with the last session of finals to happen in a few hours time. Well-known gymnast such as Emily Little, Sanne Wevers, Kenzo Shirai and Wang Yan were among the competitors.

Just a reminder that it's basically the first World Cup event of the year (a post-Olympic year too) so most athletes are still getting into the swing of the new CoP and competition season again.

Anyway, here are some highlight routines to reflect the new CoP.
Kenzo Shirai - Floor

Many of his fans were worried that he wouldn't be able to keep up with the new code seeing as his previous floor routines consisted of him only doing single salto twisting elements. The new code requires men to have at least one double salto and he's fulfilled that with both a laid out AND tucked triple twisting double back (both named after him). His D-score is around 7.1... and yes, this is WITH the new CoP where all routines have 0.5 taken out under the CR.

Kenzo Shirai - Vault

... and here's his vault. I still don't like how he under-rotated his TTY (so dangerous to be honest, but this guy has ligaments and tendons made of some indestructible matter) is, but pleasantly surprised with his new 2nd vault - Scherbo 2/1.

Same Wevers - Balance Beam

Unfortunately for her, the new CoP doesn't favour routine like hers. She only get credited for one of her side aerials (she still needed it for her acrobatic series CR) and there isn't a connection bonus anymore (only rebounding acrobatic series are given a connection bonus). Other than the wobble, she looks good for her first post-Olympic competition. I'm sure over time she'll adjust her routine to the new CoP. Also, her Okino (triple pirouette) still slays my existence.

Luo Han & Liu Ting Ting - Balance Beam

With the new connection bonuses, we'll probably be seeing lots of Onodis and switch-half leaps. It's refreshing to see some of these new connections, but just like towards the end of any quad, we'd probably be tired of seeing the same few connections often as it scores well.

Also, acrobatic mounts are worth more this quad so they'll be worth doing and we should be seeing more of them this quad. Dance elements like stag ring jump are worth the same as a split ring jump now so we'll probably see more of those too.

Last edited:
Just to add, I'm super interested to watch Riley McCusker. She outscored everyone at this past camp, even Ragan. And she didn't even qualify for elite at this time last year. This will be her first international meet, and it's in her hometown! She trains with Maggie Haney, Laurie's coach.

Here she is on beam in podium

And here's Ragan on floor. She's definitely grown!

Just to add, I'm super interested to watch Riley McCusker. She outscored everyone at this past camp, even Ragan. And she didn't even qualify for elite at this time last year. This will be her first international meet, and it's in her hometown! She trains with Maggie Haney, Laurie's coach.

And here's Ragan on floor. She's definitely grown!

I really hope ragan gets a new floor routine and music

I just can't with the two back-to-back wolf-turn sequences... it feels so awkward and doesn't allow the routine to flow. The triple just looks so unstable and just begging for deductions, the double was decent though.

Also, I know it doesn't matter execution score-wise... but someone please get her to straighten out a wrist!! I can't with the broken arm lines.

Is a double wolf "easier" than a double turn? I'd prefer a double turn because it's a bit hard to make a wolf turn look nice

I just can't with the two back-to-back wolf-turn sequences... it feels so awkward and doesn't allow the routine to flow. The triple just looks so unstable and just begging for deductions, the double was decent though.

Also, I know it doesn't matter execution score-wise... but someone please get her to straighten out a wrist!! I can't with the broken arm lines.

Tbh I really wanted to see some other new seniors at American cup but oh well...

Also I am going to Jesolo to watch!! I bought ticket few days ago and I will sit in 3rd row right in front of beam!! I can't wait

Tbh I really wanted to see some other new seniors at American cup but oh well...

Also I am going to Jesolo to watch!! I bought ticket few days ago and I will sit in 3rd row right in front of beam!! I can't wait
I'm envious!! Jesolo's team line-ups look really good actually...

I'm envious!! Jesolo's team line-ups look really good actually...

Yep and Russia is coming with Eremina Melnikova Tutkhalyan and Ilyankova!! And Flavia will be there. Extremely excited. I wonder who will USA bring. I hope Locklear, Thomas, Smith and Norah come. Would love to see them in person

1. Wolf's turns are the most "weebles wobble but they won't fall down " on earth for me. I can't stand them for the most part, rarely are they neat and clean.

2. Ragan looks the same size to me, but let's pretend she has grown since she's now 6 months older than she was in August....can she please get new floor music and choreography? This whole cutesy Adams Family routine with rear end pops and wiggles...it's gotta go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back