OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
The GB girls are really stepping up their execution game. Hopefully Amy Tinkler catches up and congrats Ellie Downie! The best of luck at worlds

I know. Poor Becky. Hope she has a speedy recovery. What's the tea with PH EF?
Berki took too long to start his routine which caused him to incur a 0.3 neutral deduction, which incidentally, would've been enough to take gold over Belyavskiy. His routine was perfect otherwise and gold medal worthy. His coach fought hard to challenge the judges... it went on even after PH EFs were over.

This Euros has shorten the lifespan of many... seriously people, anything can happen during finals, ANYTHING.

Whatever predictions anyone had, they were thrown out by the end.

I'm so happy for Catalina Ponor, to get that gold with that beautiful routine in her home country!! I was getting quite tearful!

Gutted for Frags, she excels on home soil but she always seems to lack confidence away. Having said that, minus the fall, she looked fabulous on beam and her floor routine is great when she hits so I think she's getting there.

I'm so happy for Catalina Ponor, to get that gold with that beautiful routine in her home country!! I was getting quite tearful!

Gutted for Frags, she excels on home soil but she always seems to lack confidence away. Having said that, minus the fall, she looked fabulous on beam and her floor routine is great when she hits so I think she's getting there.

I wasn't able to hold back my tears. It was beautiful the way Catalina won her beam gold and the roaring response from the crowd AND the fact that Nadia gave her the medal and hugged her really tight. It was just amazing

Jazmyn Foberg is leaving elite and headed to the University of Florida a year early.

Jazmyn Foberg is leaving elite and headed to the University of Florida a year early.

Definitely think that's a good call for her. No use destroying your body another year as elite when you won't need a lot of those skills for college and the olympics are off the table. And truth be told, brutal honesty, I think enough talented kiddos just moved from Junior to Women's Elite that she won't be making a Worlds or maybe even international travel team either.

LARISA IORDACHE! She won BB at a competition in Slovenia this weekend.

That dismount has been iffy ever since she started competing internationally again. She got credited for it here, but they won't credit her a triple at Worlds with that ACL tear-inducing landing.

I have a potentially silly question about collegiate gymnastics. I saw today on twitter that a gymnast from ucla was back for her 6th year. How do athletes continue for more years past what I assume their degree allows (4 years?).

Come to think of it, WLove from OSU did five years of cheer, so same question.

The only way I could think to do that here is if you purposefully failed modules in the fourth year and couldn't graduate until they were retaken.

I have a potentially silly question about collegiate gymnastics. I saw today on twitter that a gymnast from ucla was back for her 6th year. How do athletes continue for more years past what I assume their degree allows (4 years?).

The only way I could think to do that here is if you purposefully failed modules in the fourth year and couldn't graduate until they were retaken.

I read the article on this for more clarification because I was unclear as well. I knew about red shirting one season but wasn't sure how she was getting a sixth. She didn't compete in 2013 or 2014 due to injuries. You can compete 4 years in a five year time frame, unless you get a waiver from NCAA to compete in a sixth year. She essentially was red shirted for two years, and now can finish up her fourth and final year. Here's the article that explains it better than I can.

http://www.uclabruins.com/news/2017...ng-lee-awarded-sixth-year-of-eligibility.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone else already answered, but red shirting (you're on the team, but injured for instance and can't play....or they bench you a year so that someone else graduates or leaves the program in the mean time and you have a prominent role when they leave). One of the players on USC (South Carolina) basketball team technically had a 6th year of eligibility since she was injured 2 years (she opted to graduate and move on because of her knees...she was working on a graduate degree)

Whitney Love and her 5th year is different because Cheer isn't a NCAA sport, I believe. You can be a grad student and cheer 5 or 6 years if you can handle it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back