OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Also, at many US colleges four year degrees are taking students ( not just athletes) five years. I would think it's almost as common now for a bachelors to take five years as it is to take the traditional four.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This! Im about to enter my fourth year of school and I wont be done for probably another year, year and a half after. I simply chose to double major with a concentration and also take classes outside of my degree program that I felt were helpful. I'm not an athlete, it was just how the cookie crumbled and I have many, many friends who will be staying for a victory lap as well as we like to call it. I should also add that I attend an incredibly distinguished university and this has nothing to do with us 'not doing college right' in any way. Degree programs are just getting more challenging.

This! Im about to enter my fourth year of school and I wont be done for probably another year, year and a half after. I simply chose to double major with a concentration and also take classes outside of my degree program that I felt were helpful. I'm not an athlete, it was just how the cookie crumbled and I have many, many friends who will be staying for a victory lap as well as we like to call it. I should also add that I attend an incredibly distinguished university and this has nothing to do with us 'not doing college right' in any way. Degree programs are just getting more challenging.

I would agree with this, and how common it is. My freshman year roommate transferred and changed her major and that required her to take a fifth year, and my boyfriend took an extra semester because getting straight A's was extremely important to him and he chose to lighten up his course load (he was a double major) and focus on getting A's instead. However, I also have many friends that have graduated in 3 or 3.5 years too, so that isn't uncommon either. I could have graduated in 3.5, but my dad convinced me too chill out and enjoy college. Plus my graduate program didn't start until the fall after my May graduation, and since I opted to not get a "real" job, I would have been extremely bored so I'm definitely glad I didn't do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not only that, but many programs now require more credits that you can fit into 8 semesters. I took 15 or 16 credits a semester AND took summer classes each summer to graduate on time. Without the summer classes I would have easily been enrolled an extra semester.

Jon Horton of the USA men announced his retirement yesterday. He's been battling some ongoing injuries and is getting up there in age (he's 31) so not really surprising.

His work with Courtney Kupets during the NBCOlympics coverage last summer was great, though. I could see him with a career in broadcasting or potentially coaching. He's also been doing some American Ninja Warrior stuff.

I'm an Ashton fan girl which is probably why I skipped straight to her. I actually liked her bars better than Madison's. But I do think that Maddie was stronger on other events which is what the team needed. I'm interested to see what events she will be competing on.

I'm an Ashton fan girl which is probably why I skipped straight to her. I actually liked her bars better than Madison's. But I do think that Maddie was stronger on other events which is what the team needed. I'm interested to see what events she will be competing on.

I follow her on snapchat (added her during the Olympics) and she had video of her training floor the other day! Usually it's a lot of beam and bars as expected, so I was surprised to see the floor stuff. Nothing too crazy, but a few double backs and a comment about coming back stronger or something.

She's not my fave, and Riley Mccusker beat her by quite a bit in bars at Jesolo, so I think Ashton's future is limited for the National Team. I do love watching her long legs and lines on bars and beam, though.

I'm definitely interested to see how Laney stacks up in real competition. If I were her I'd be exploring my options for Team Germany (she was born there), Team Bulgaria (through lineage) or heck, even Team Belarus, for 2020.

She's not my fave, and Riley Mccusker beat her by quite a bit in bars at Jesolo, so I think Ashton's future is limited for the National Team. I do love watching her long legs and lines on bars and beam, though.

I'm definitely interested to see how Laney stacks up in real competition. If I were her I'd be exploring my options for Team Germany (she was born there), Team Bulgaria (through lineage) or heck, even Team Belarus, for 2020.

She was born to an American father and a Bulgarian mother; even though she was born in Germany it doesn't mean she was granted dual-citizenship. They did away with that quite a while before we moved there; my elder was born in Germany and though she was given a German Birth Certificate it's nothing more than a cool piece of paper to use as a memory. In order to be granted dual-citizenship, either her father or I would have actually needed to be a German citizen.

I kind of just attributed that bars finish to Ashton being a little rusty after some Rio time off /touring and Riley training nonstop throughout and wanting a big debut. I did pause when I saw those results, though. I'm interested to see them both at 100%

Back