OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I think Ragan is a fantastic gymnast, but watching her dance during floor and beam reminds me of when I choreograph an amazing dance, but the team performing it makes it look like a potato.

I find Ragan's music choice to be questionable, I'm not sure if it's her taste or Kim's inability to let the poor girl grow up. It's not as cutesy as the Addam's Family, but there is still the air of choreographed cuteness to some of the areas of the song. The flow of the music doesn't help. The tumbling was awesome.

I really like her beam routine.

I find Ragan's music choice to be questionable, I'm not sure if it's her taste or Kim's inability to let the poor girl grow up. It's not as cutesy as the Addam's Family, but there is still the air of choreographed cuteness to some of the areas of the song. The flow of the music doesn't help. The tumbling was awesome.

I really like her beam routine.
You mean like the hair twirl? -_-

ETA: I've seen other Texas Dreams floor routines (at least elites) and it seems like Kim just has a different choreography style that we're used to. I think cutesy is in her nature. JMO.

Well, their coach is the queen of cutesy floor routines... I don't know if that's Kim's personal style or something Karolyi's wanted from her, but that's clearly how she thinks floor routines should be. I always found it interesting that her best events were floor and beam and Texas Dreams elite gymnasts only really stand out in floor and beam, too. Old habits die hard.

Still hate Ragan's floor. It has some nice elements, but still has some of the childish elements of the Addams Family routine. It's like they refuse to let it die. Basically this routine has the maturity and flair for what she should have been doing last year when she was 15/16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean like the hair twirl? -_-

ETA: I've seen other Texas Dreams floor routines (at least elites) and it seems like Kim just has a different choreography style that we're used to. I think cutesy is in her nature. JMO.

Among a few other things. I did look up some videos last night and you're right about it being Kim's style. I don't think I'll ever get on board with it, but do think the tumbling aspects of the routine are strong.

Not a fan of Ragan's new floor routine at all. Doesn't flow well and music is a little annoying. Especially the whistle in it... I can already hear Tim Daggett say how "sassy" it is lol.

Great Patterson though.

I'm gonna be honest, I don't hate it... MUCH better then Adams Family which was kinda immature... I have a few things that I could do without, but it could be worse and she just can't "dance"... so maybe just some "dance" presence could really make this better.... it's like watching a musical with a beautiful singer and actress and the choreo is just awkward b/c the person just isn't really a dancer... YES I would love to see it flow a little more and more of the "cute" elements to go away, but all in all, vast improvement from Adams Family... and lets face it, shes a powerful little tumbler!

Anyone watch night 1 of the men? Some highlights:

It was basically the Yul Moldauer and Akash Modi show. Yul got through the night clean and Akash came off pommel. So Yul ended the night almost 2 points ahead of Akash in second place.

Sam and Alex looked good on the two events they did. Sam on pommel and high bar (which he only got cleared to do on Friday, that boy scares me) and Alex on pommel and rings.

Allan Bower from Oklahoma is in third and Donnell in fourth. It looked like the same ole Donnell, going big on a few things and busting all over the place on some.

Eddie Panev can potentially fill the Jake Dalton void, he had the second highest scores on both floor and vault.

My prediction for the worlds team: Yul, Akash, Sam, Alex, Donnell and probably Eddie. Here's to a clean night two!

I wish Jordan didn't go OOB. Her tumbling is so powerful and her leo is my favorite. Also loving Marz. Trin's bars were also beautiful.

I can not adequately express how much I loathe wolfs turns.

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down

Margzetta Frazier is my favorite. I've really enjoyed her gymnastics over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back