Artistic Gymnastics

Discussion in 'Random' started by ErinS, Oct 4, 2014.

1. CoachTamara

CoachTamara Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    tamaraerdes
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Super excited to watch tonight. LOVING Trinity, loving Riley.

Not sure if I believe Regan can make it to the Olympics... Just seems like she starting to peak now, and it's a long way to Tokyo. I have no idea why I think some of the others will and she won't, but it just seems like a lot for her to hang onto.

2. RobinSparkles

RobinSparkles Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    _robin_sparkles
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Jordan Chiles kind of looked like one of those Flutterbye toys just as they're about to launch during her beam routine. If I tried to do that, I'd end up with my face embedded in the mat.

3. SparkleSpankies

SparkleSpankies I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    The Junior team is so strong already, it is going to be very interesting to see what happens in 3 more years and who really does have a comeback. I think Ragan is strong, but I also agree that Tokyo is a long way away! We shall See!

4. retiredl5cheer

retiredl5cheer Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    I've been watching gymnastics for a long time, and I STILL find it mind boggling that we literally have no idea who will even be competing by 2020, let alone who will make the Olympic team. It's insane to think that Ragan, Riley, Maile and Emma are at the top of the game right now, and they could totally (hopefully not) pull a Rebecca Bross and fall apart before selection even happens. Craziness.

The way the commentators and fans talk about the smaller gymnasts i.e. Lillian Lippeatt irritates the crap out of me. I saw a tweet from a gym Twitter that said something like "Love how Mary Lee Tracy is talking to Lillian like an adult. So cute!" She's 13, not 3. She SHOULD be spoken to like an adult. They do it with Ragan too...and she's 17! Anytime she's interviewed, a commentator makes some comment about how "precious" she is or how "priceless" that interview was. Insert side eye.

5. ErinS

ErinS Slow your roll, Sparkle. World Champion GIF Poster

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Same for Abi Walker. Had to listen to how she's "6 inches shorter than the low bar" and how the transition from the high to low bar was like "going to a new zip code". Sir. Gymnastics have been short for YEARS. We get it. It's expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Shimmy Shimmy x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. cfwp.cheerleader

cfwp.cheerleader I text ACEDAD all the time

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    LOL - oh dear

7. SparkleSpankies

SparkleSpankies I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Tim Daggett needs new things to say.. I think he repeated the same things about Morgan Hurd over and over and over and over... I pretty much can recite his commentary... It hasn't changed much in 25 years.

8. SilverDP

SilverDP They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Industry Professional
    Well to be fair, Abi Walker is incredibly short, even for a gymnast. She's several inches shorter than Ragan Smith, and Ragan is only 4'6"!

9. Mndl

Mndl Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I remember them mentioning that last year and it occurred to me that CP,who was 8 1/2 at the time was the same height-crazy.

10. cheerKT

cheerKT Best Overall Poster Fantasy Football Winner

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    ktguen
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    The U.S. Men's World team is: Marvin Kimble, Sam Mikulak, Yul Moldauer, Alex Naddour, Eddie Penev, Donnell Whittenburg. Little surprised they left Akash off but this is probably the strongest team for an individual competition year.

Womens will be announced after selection camp, next month I believe.

11. DancerDude0118

DancerDude0118 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    The Most Populated Timezone on the Planet
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    Larisa Iordache scored a 14.000 on balance beam today for her AA in Universiade... after a fall:

Her laid-out full is honestly questionable, if she doesn't execute it better it could be downgraded. Her final AA score was 56.750 (so 57.750 at least without the fall)... Worlds could be interesting?

12. Ally13

Ally13 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    I wish they were taking Akash instead of Sam. I love Sam and I want him to do well, but he never hits... He didn't hit at Nationals and he's never hit at Worlds and I don't know why the MAG coordinators think this year will be any different. I think it would make more sense to let Akash go and gain some experience, especially in an individual year.

13. cheerKT

cheerKT Best Overall Poster Fantasy Football Winner

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    ktguen
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Riley McCusker has withdrawn from selection camp due to an injury. I would say that all but assures Ashton a Worlds roster spot.

14. retiredl5cheer

retiredl5cheer Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Can we not kill Riley before Tokyo please? Is that child made of glass? -_-

15. Ally13

Ally13 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    I think she needs a coaching change... Riley didn't seem ready to compete at Classics or Nationals (she was injured at both of those meets too and even said she didn't feel ready to compete in interviews) and I feel like her coach was trying to get her to push through injuries and now look what happened.

I have a feeling Ashton will go, but I would rather have anybody else on that team besides her lol. I don't find her one routine that exciting and she has a low difficulty score so I feel like the chances of her medalling, or even making bar finals, are pretty slim.