OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I could watch Jade Carey tumble all day long. Her form on floor and vault is amazing.

McKayla Maroney’s statement in regards to sexual abuse by Dr. Larry Nassar, US Women’s national team doctor. ( feel free to move to 18+ if necessary )

c1007d4be7a46a5278244ceb8a278d79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McKayla Maroney’s statement in regards to sexual abuse by Dr. Larry Nassar, US Women’s national team doctor. ( feel free to move to 18+ if necessary )

Sadly, this doesn't surprise me.

Sadly, this doesn't surprise me.

Agreed. It also may explain some of her more recent behaviors, whether they be a cry for help/attention or her almost reclaiming her own body/sexuality on her own terms. I hope USA gymnastics helps her get whatever help she needs to heal and that she has a lot of support and people in her corner if she chooses to pursue legal action (and all of the other girls involved, not just the famous ones.)

Agreed. It also may explain some of her more recent behaviors, whether they be a cry for help/attention or her almost reclaiming her own body/sexuality on her own terms. I hope USA gymnastics helps her get whatever help she needs to heal and that she has a lot of support and people in her corner if she chooses to pursue legal action (and all of the other girls involved, not just the famous ones.)

Definitely. Add in the oppressive style of coaching (her account, not my opinion) and it's the recipe for disaster. She was so young, thrust into fame, access to money and it's pretty clear that she didn't have the necessary support and bam. I hope she gets the help she needs.

Can you imagine the kind of negligence it took for her 2011 World Championships in Tokyo nightmare to occur?

How was NO ONE up in arms when she was fed a sleeping pill and taken to the physician’s HOTEL ROOM alone?!!
This is what I was saying to my husband last night. How did NO ONE notice or care?! Who is supposed to be responsible for these kids?!

What they need aside from their personal coaches is a guardian/house mother who's sole purpose is their well being. Basically a glorified babysitter who responsible for the whereabouts(point a to point b) and metal health because it seems like the team coaches /personal coaches aren't cutting it.

I agree with this, though I have to wonder why the personal coaches aren't doing this. You'd think the health of their athletes would be the top priority---it's their reputation on the line.

"Wherever there is a position of power, there seems to be potential for abuse."

Isn't that the devastating truth...

I am shook! It’s not even about dressing modestly. No matter how covered up you are, it doesn’t matter in the eyes of the abuser because he has an idea as to what’s underneath. Gabby’s tweet is just insensitive, tbh. She’s lucky she didn’t have to experience what Aly had.

Back