OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Team England men just dominated the team finals at the Commonwealth Games, winning by just over 10 points! Canada came 2nd and Scotland came 3rd.

Unfortunately the Downie sisters, Amy Tinkler and Claudia Fragapane are all injured so I'm not sure the women will be able to emulate this or their success from the last Commonwealth Games tomorrow which is such a shame!

It honestly trips me out that she's only 10 months removed from having a baby.

Her UB routine during AA finals were even better today!!

She connected everything on UB today, but connected nothing on BB:

It's completely fine though, really tough competing AA on back-to-back days for your first competition back, let alone after everything that she's been through since Rio.

Her FX routine, I like her double arabian:

Double post, but:
Irina Alexeeva, the 2016 U.S. Classic Junior Champion, is competing at the Russian Championships as well. She trains (was training?) at WOGA, but because she was unable to attain a U.S. citizenship and was invited to compete at the Russian Championships, she decided that this might be her best shot at competing internationally.

This is the only recording of her at the championships so far:

She had a rough qualifications round, but the Russian WAG coordinator and head coach understood her situation (of having to travel and adjust so quickly) and they look forward to including her to the Russian national team.

Imagine giving birth 10 months ago, coming back to train after 3 months and competing all around with DTY, good beam and bars and arabian on floor.
She is the goat of gymnastics

and also, she has a DLO and a tucked full-in in her back pocket when she's back in top-top shape. ugh. Literally, the goat!

Much better performances from Irina Alexeeva in event finals. She'll be bringing back two trophies to Texas, a silver in UB and bronze on FX.
Uneven Bars

Floor

During the prize giving ceremony, Alexeeva did not receive an envelop like the other winners. This is because the envelop contained prize money, which Alexeeva cannot receive if she wants to maintain her eligibility for NCAA (specifically targeting Stanford).

In other news, Angelina Melnikova hit all 12 of her routines at the Russian Championships. She hasn't looked this good in a LONG while... here's her floor routine:

Komova and Mustafina also competed in a couple of event finals, they didn't do as well as they'd hope, but they're on the right track for their comebacks.

Last edited:
Omg ucla...so happy for them

it was incredible to watch those finals last night! I was bummed for Oklahoma, but Peng Peng is incredible to watch and I'm so happy she got to end her career in such a defining way. Also glad that Madison was able to have a great bars routine when it really counted since her injury.

Val's comment about her "lack" of math skills before their last rotation made me happy, especially for it to come true.

semi-unrelated. Some of the UCLA leos make me cringe a little. Some of them are beautiful, but some are a little too much with the mesh/cutouts/strappy/open, especially on some of their larger-chested girls.

it was incredible to watch those finals last night! I was bummed for Oklahoma, but Peng Peng is incredible to watch and I'm so happy she got to end her career in such a defining way. Also glad that Madison was able to have a great bars routine when it really counted since her injury.

Val's comment about her "lack" of math skills before their last rotation made me happy, especially for it to come true.

semi-unrelated. Some of the UCLA leos make me cringe a little. Some of them are beautiful, but some are a little too much with the mesh/cutouts/strappy/open, especially on some of their larger-chested girls.

Seriously with you. I felt for Paulina during floor because at one point she was literally in a thong and actually stopped to pick her wedgie. Didn't help that the ESPN cameras following her off the floor kept showing her butt.. like pan up or zoom into her face. Poor thing. But this isn't the first leo of theirs that has had a lot of issues and no offense to the company but you can tell "Rebecca's Mom" is their leo supplier. I'm glad they shop local and I'm sure there are now more employees than just Rebecca's mom but they look especially bad in fit when next to so many beautiful, high quality GK leos.

I was gutted for OU after having such an amazing season... but Maggie redeeming her self in the AA after last season and completing her sophomore Gym-Slam made it less painful. And for real, it's hard to be mad when Peng finished her career with two 10.00s.

I have been following UCLA for the past couple of years and the team this year was just so strong. Im also so happy Peng got to win a championship and score two 10 for the end of her 6 year collegiate career

Did anyone see the feature on Simone being back floating around Facebook? So many upgrades! And that TTY [emoji7]

I'll have to find it and post it if I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back