OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Some much drama with USAG the last few days, I cannot keep up and verify what’s true or not anymore...

I’ve read an unverified post that it was actually a current national team member who wanted Rhonda out. I think why so many athletes were so upset about this is because the national team members were currently having a training camp, which was led my Rhonda.

The timing suggests that it was a national team member who attended camp that wasn’t comfortable with her presence... all I can think about is the funds wasted on sending these gymnast to the camp only to sit around and do nothing the last two days.

Some much drama with USAG the last few days, I cannot keep up and verify what’s true or not anymore...

I’ve read an unverified post that it was actually a current national team member who wanted Rhonda out. I think why so many athletes were so upset about this is because the national team members were currently having a training camp, which was led my Rhonda.

The timing suggests that it was a national team member who attended camp that wasn’t comfortable with her presence... all I can think about is the funds wasted on sending these gymnast to the camp only to sit around and do nothing the last two days.

Simone has been quiet, but she did like this tweet:
Ddf1sL7V4AAveK7.jpg

Not sure if this attorney also represents Simone, but the whole situation is tough. I agree they either should have fired Rhonda 3 days early or waited 3 days when camp was over. They waited 3 years at this point, the middle of camp was not the time to do it. I can't even imagine the younger athletes "blaming" the victims for losing their coach... as if it wasn't traumatic enough for the survivors, especially any that are still actively competing. I understand them being panicked about their 2020 olympic future, but this abuse is bigger than the olympics. I know it's hard for a 15 year old brain to process that...

I read USAG is expected to file bankruptcy this week in the wake of Michigan's huge settlement. I expect them crumbling to the ground in the near future.

GK Classic thoughts, anyone? And, thoughts on this Simone/Morgan drama because it makes me :(

Simone looked great of course, even with the bars issue. And I was very interested to see how Riley would perform after all of her injuries. This was just the meet she needed. As of now my early Worlds predictions would be Simone, Riley, Morgan, Jade and probably Ragan.

GK Classic thoughts, anyone? And, thoughts on this Simone/Morgan drama because it makes me :(

Simone looked great of course, even with the bars issue. And I was very interested to see how Riley would perform after all of her injuries. This was just the meet she needed. As of now my early Worlds predictions would be Simone, Riley, Morgan, Jade and probably Ragan.

I’m just getting around to watching last night’s completion but I’m actually kind of bored so I think I’m going to just finish OITNB. These newish kids on the block don’t really interest me and when I see Ragan I still think “beads”

I dk about the Morgan/Simone drama but I’ve long said that Simone is a mean girl and her attitude was trash.

And I’m sure your prediction is correct because....low key that’s all there is to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering if everyone forgot Simone was back. This thread was too quiet.

Simone's floor passes looked EASY and her putting up that high of an AA score with the OOB and fall on bars is phenomenal. I also feel bad for her, emotionally. While she's the GOAT it's got to be lonely out there for her. Not speculating on victim status of any of the current girls, but it seems there is a clear divide between Simone and all the current girls who will never "get" it and get why the Ranch should be burned to the ground or why Rhonda had to go and why Kerry Perry needs to GTFO of there already. I also love the new grown up Simone who isn't afraid to speak up and will call out Kerry in her post-meet interviews. Silence clearly didn't work for USAG and I am glad someone isn't afraid to speak up. (Also probably helps that Marta isn't terrifyingly glaring at you from the bleachers intimidating you to silence anymore.) I miss Aimee being out there with her, but it seems the Landi's are good for her, too.

Back to the actual gymnastics -

I love Jade, but man every time the camera panned to her she looked like she was .2 seconds from hysterically crying. Maybe that's just her focused face, but I found myself wanting to hug her most of the meet.

I expected more from Ragan. She's good, but of the events she did last night she wasn't *great.* Beam is her thing, but we have enough people good on beam that currently I'd rather see another gymnast get the worlds spot.

Glad to see Maggie Haney hasn't completely destroyed Riley yet. I wish she'd get a new coach, but she looked beautiful out there last night and her bars are awesome.

For Morgan, I figured the current AA World Champ wouldn't take well to being knocked off the pedestal, but it is what it is. Her Cinderella story win was cute, but Worlds 2017 was really just a freak meet for the US with no former Olympians, no Riley, and Ragan scratching - but still, she showed up when it mattered and that counts for something. She's still a solid all-arounder and I expect her to make the Worlds team, as well.

Schennikova does nothing for me. She has the skill but I just don't enjoy watching her. Maybe it's just that Russian emotionless expression on her face. I know that shouldn't be what I judge her gymnastics on, but it is.

Shilese Jones kind of came out of left field for me. I know she's been around for a while doing consistently well, but I didn't expect her to place so high in the AA. She's a wild card for me and based solely on last night I'd pick her over Ragan for Worlds. We'll see after Nationals, I guess.

And I will forever be Jordan Chiles' #1 fan girl. I love her. Unforunately with Jade being a phenomenal vaulter, I don't see them needing Jordan to specifically vault for any meets, and that makes me sad. She has incredible power.

I’m just getting around to watching last night’s completion but I’m actually kind of bored so I think I’m going to just finish OITNB. These newish kids on the block don’t really interest me and when I see Ragan I still think “beads”

I dk about the Morgan/Simone drama but I’ve long said that Simone is a mean girl and her attitude was trash.

And I’m sure your prediction is correct because....low key that’s all there is to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My only question mark would be Ragan. She may still be a little too injured for Worlds but who knows. It will be interesting to see what she can do at Nationals in a few weeks.

Can someone give me the Cliff notes on the Simone "drama"? I've seen sporadic tweets but haven't been able to link everything together. I guess I missed her "trash attitude" - guess I didn't follow along enough as I've never seen anything except her speaking up when people post like idiots.
She looked amazing - super impressive given the amount of time she has been competition training. I'm not sure Ragan can hold out until Tokyo - she just always seems one step away from burn out or major injury.

Can someone give me the Cliff notes on the Simone "drama"? I've seen sporadic tweets but haven't been able to link everything together. I guess I missed her "trash attitude" - guess I didn't follow along enough as I've never seen anything except her speaking up when people post like idiots.
She looked amazing - super impressive given the amount of time she has been competition training. I'm not sure Ragan can hold out until Tokyo - she just always seems one step away from burn out or major injury.

Apparently she deleted whatever she twitted in the form of telling her followers to go after Morgan for something. Its always been rumored that her and Aly both have trashed attitudes and were mean girls.

From what I can gather, Morgan Hurd through some sort of shade/was acting like a brat towards Simone at Classics, so Simone subtweeted about it, and then the Gymternet speculated like crazy, causing Simone to tweet something along the lines of "Ya'll better get your reigning world champ." I've read in one or two places that Morgan posted something about Simone on her finsta, but IDK if that's been confirmed.

It's dumb and as much as I love Simone, she needs to act like the 21 year old adult that she is. I imagine that being surrounded by teenage girls may stunt your emotional maturity a bit.

The word on the street is Morgan Hurd posted an instastory on a private account that only friends follow, saying something along the lines of "B****, we're here too!". Again, just what I've read. And Simone responded by saying something like "Yall don't even know, I would call it out, but that would be unsportsmanlike of me. Yall better get your all around World Champ" on twitter. I read the "get your world champ" as she needs to be checked....not actually encouraging people to go after her. At least, that's how I use the term.

I feel bad for Morgan that her big "first" reigning World Champ meet was overshadowed almost entirely by Simone's return. Seriously, listen to her interviews. She was really just asked about Simone. But there was obviously no need to post what she did (if she did) and Simone didn't need to publicly respond.

But hey, at least the girls are speaking their mind. Maybe. I guess. lol. Send the whole senior group to a camp for some ropes courses or trust falls or something before Nationals. :D

I just think it was dumb of Simone to take something like this public and make it a huge deal. Yeah Morgan was wrong. But when you're 21 years old (and arguably the greatest gymnast of all time) and are feuding with high schoolers on twitter it's just ridiculous. She doesn't have to like anybody or be friends with anybody, but she should know how to resolve things in a more mature manner by now.

Anyways. Gymnastics-wise, Simone looked fab. Can't see anybody beating her anytime soon.

Very impressed with Morgan's new floor. We love a legend! She's always been a little consistent, but can bring it when it counts.

Kinda forgot Ragan Smith was even competing elite still lol.

Jade is a fantastic tumbler, but choreo/performance-wise, it's just... bad. Really hope she can make some improvements there.

I am OBSESSED with Kara Eaker!!!

Sometimes I give a bypass to these young athletes who lives have been socially isolated and experienced little freedom. Example of this, everybody equating Simone's maturity level to her chronological age (21), but these young athletes are emotionally stunted and they are behaving no different from the typical HS age person. Because these athletes missed so many of the typical adolescent activities such as HS, dances, proms, parties, etc due to their constant training and being homeschooled... These athletes are doing nothing different from HS girls are doing particularly, Morgan and Simone... I am still laughing when I read Simone using the verbiage - Y'all better get your AA World Champion, Morgan... These are words that seems to be popular with my 15y.o. daughter and her friends, which means Morgan's entourage(bffs) need to sit her down or have a serious talk with her... Simone's verbiage is not asking for people to attack Morgan, but for someone to stop Morgan from attacking her... This is based on how my daughter uses this phrase...

PS: Imo this is typical teenagers bickering that unfortunately playing out on social media...No East Coast-West Coast rivalry yet! lol

Last edited:
All caught.... that was a whirlwind.

Anyway, with regards to Ragan Smith. She decided not to undergo surgery for the injury she sustained during Worlds last year. I really wish she did because this year would’ve been the best year to fix any part of you that’s broken (just look at Oleg Verniaiev and Elena Eremina), because meets next year really matter.

ETA:
Jade Carey looks SO awkward doing choreography, she just looks terribly uncomfortable... I feel uncomfortable for her. Someone, help her!!

Also, European Championships begin this week. Irina Aleexva is representing Russia!! Finally, her big break!!

Am I allowed to post these? Found them on Tumblr.

0245f9a18e6ac8e3e45539643619de12.jpg

2f372b7d4df0fc5cb9e52e588a7e1d7a.jpg

I was a little annoyed at the NBC coverage turning it into The Simone Show where they played every event of hers in full twice and her name was brought up even when others were competing. A tiny part of me wonders if Morgans post wasnt so much directed towards Simone but the interviewers/commentators/media personnel instead and Simone took it to heart.

Back