OT Artistic Gymnastics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
That men's team final took 10 years off the life of everyone who witnessed it... too stressful. It was honestly down to luck with that kind of margin.

I'm literally experiencing a headache from the intensity of it all.

Well the US Men broke the curse of 5th place finally lol. Which was honestly about as best as we could have expected. A few bumps here and there but a good day all arund!

HOW IS THIS THREAD SO SILENT after two AA finals like that?

I am heartbroken for Sam but honestly, I was ready for it. Dude cannot put up six hit routines when it counts to save his life and it REALLY bums me out. I really honestly think he is the best all around male gymnast out there at this point and it just does not go his way. I don't know. I hope it lights a fire under his butt and he finally gets some individual medals here. It was kind of....refreshing to see sad Sam after the meet and not smiley awww yeah I messed up but it's cool Sam. Maybe this is finally the turning point.

Also Simone is human. And proves just how far ahead of the pack she really is. That's about all I've got to say about that lol. I really thought Morgan had silver but her beam left the door open. I was thrilled for Mai!

Also Simone is human. And proves just how far ahead of the pack she really is. That's about all I've got to say about that lol. I really thought Morgan had silver but her beam left the door open. I was thrilled for Mai!

I still don't believe this. I think this was a calculated move by who ever built the perfection that she is because too many people were starting to doubt that she was human.

seriously though. she is astounding. Only 364 days back in training and she wins AA (by her second largest worlds margin to date), helps the team win (by the largest margin to date), qualifies for all four event finals, has a vault named after her, and becomes the first to win 4 all around world championships, and tbh, will probably tie the 20 medal count by the end of the weekend...ALL WITH A KIDNEY STONE.

I want to be her when I grow up.

Last edited:
I still don't believe this. I think this was a calculated move by who ever built the perfection that she is because too many people were starting to doubt that she was human.

seriously though. she is astounding. Only 364 days back in training and she wins AA (by her second largest worlds margin to date), helps the team win (by the largest margin to date), qualifies for all four event finals, has a vault named after her, and becomes the first to win 4 all around world championships, and tbh, will probably tie the 20 medal count by the end of the weekend...ALL WITH A KIDNEY STONE.

I want to be her when I grow up.
Like, there is a very real chance she could sweep Worlds....

I'm really looking forward to bars finals tomorrow! Such a good line up.

To be fair, Sam being in the PH final was out of pure luck as many medal favourites botched their routines in QF (McClenaghan, Zou, Sun etc.), so him medalling would’ve taken quite the miracle.

His best hope for a medal is horizontal bar. With the depth for parallel bars, he’s unlikely to medal there unless half the field messes up.

CONGRATS TO LIU TINGTING FOR WINNING GOLD ON BEAM! From 8th to getting all the way to the top...way to go!!

I'm really liking Artur Dalaloyan's performance so far. Difficulty + consistency AND the fact that he's very good looking! :shimmy:

A big Congrats to epke zonderland who won his 3rd consecutive gold on the high bar.
After his performance during the games and his bad luck during nationals (a fall due to equipment,but no do-over) this was exactly what he needed.

Norah Flatley finally making her NCAA debut makes my heart so happy. She looks happy and healthy out there.

So I nearly cried watching Katelyn Ohashi's recent routine. (I'm assuming y'all have seen it...)

Seeing someone who was almost broken by the USA Gymnastics system come out and be so strong and powerful and joyful. I know she's been crushing it in NCAA for years, but now the general public is taking note.

And let's not forget how insane that routine actually is. A double layout with a split in the middle? Has anyone else actually done that since Gutsu in the 90s?

Back