Athlete's Wanting To Sit Out At Practice...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 18, 2020
We are a micro gym, so when even one athlete is absent, it affects the whole team. Last year we had a least one girl asking to sit out at practice for one reason or another. It was usually a headache or undiagnosed injury. Of course not wanting to further an injury, they were allowed to sit out. But most of the time it seemed like they were milking it or just didn't feel like practicing. Their back hurt during one activity but was felt better come stunting, or something like that!

We have talked about documenting each instance and requiring a doctor's note to return to practice. Any advice on how to avoid this? Thanks so much!

I always had at least one new kid try it every year. If you can't tumble today you can't stunt for the day either. If they were in pain I'd have them workout the opposite muscle group and watch everyone else practice. Essentially they do 2 hours of conditioning, I don't believe in anyone just getting to chill at practice. Usually that one day of missing out worked for me lol.

I always had at least one new kid try it every year. If you can't tumble today you can't stunt for the day either. If they were in pain I'd have them workout the opposite muscle group and watch everyone else practice. Essentially they do 2 hours of conditioning, I don't believe in anyone just getting to chill at practice. Usually that one day of missing out worked for me lol.
Yup- above.

Back