All-Star Athletic Championship Destin

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

does anyone know the summit bids will be awarded (breakdown) next weekend?

thanks
We went to the one in TN earlier this year. Same bids, 5 at large. They were awarded to the highest eligable team in each level. Our SR 2 won Grand Champs but they had a paid bid. So it was passed down. This was the comp we missed the bid by .5 :(

We went to the one in TN earlier this year. Same bids, 5 at large. They were awarded to the highest eligable team in each level. Our SR 2 won Grand Champs but they had a paid bid. So it was passed down. This was the comp we missed the bid by .5 :(

thank you

?'s The 5 bids and level do you mean Tiny, Mini, Youth, Junior, and Senior? & Do they disclose how they will distribute the bids at each competition or is it up to the EP's and/or is it something that is unique to this brand? If so, I may have to suggest this one or look for more competitions that distribute bids like this on our parent survey. TIA

?'s The 5 bids and level do you mean Tiny, Mini, Youth, Junior, and Senior? & Do they disclose how they will distribute the bids at each competition or is it up to the EP's and/or is it something that is unique to this brand? If so, I may have to suggest this one or look for more competitions that distribute bids like this on our parent survey. TIA
Levels 1-5. All comps have bids distributed the same way based on the competition type, 1 day comps vs 2 day comps. 1 day comps give 3 wildcards, one each to youth, junior, senior. 2 day comps give 5 at large, one each to 1, 2, 3, 4, 4.2/5/5R combined. Some big 2 day comps have paids which is 1 each to youth, junior, senior. But every single comp does it this way, it doesn't vary by EP. It's all on the Summit website.
And tiny and mini are not Summit dvisions.

luv2cheer92 is correct. The level is the # (1,2,3,4,4.2/5). So one level 1 will get a bid, one level 2, etc.

Levels 1-5. All comps have bids distributed the same way based on the competition type, 1 day comps vs 2 day comps. 1 day comps give 3 wildcards, one each to youth, junior, senior. 2 day comps give 5 at large, one each to 1, 2, 3, 4, 4.2/5/5R combined. Some big 2 day comps have paids which is 1 each to youth, junior, senior. But every single comp does it this way, it doesn't vary by EP. It's all on the Summit website.
And tiny and mini are not Summit dvisions.

I will say this is what I thought too. However, we were told at the comp in Orlando a few weeks ago that they were going to take the top 8 scores and give the bids that way. So top 3 eligible get paid, next 5 eligible get at large. When I asked about the declaration, they said it's the EPs discretion. I don't know b/c scores weren't posted ;)

luv2cheer92 is correct. The level is the # (1,2,3,4,4.2/5). So one level 1 will get a bid, one level 2, etc.

I will say this is what I thought too. However, we were told at the comp in Orlando a few weeks ago that they were going to take the top 8 scores and give the bids that way. So top 3 eligible get paid, next 5 eligible get at large. When I asked about the declaration, they said it's the EPs discretion. I don't know b/c scores weren't posted ;)

Thank you.

Was it American Championships by chance? That's one of the last ones I see that was in Orlando. If so, the bids were given out based on the declaration. There's 3 paids to each youth, junior, senior. And the 5 ALs are to each level.

Back