All-Star Athletic Championships 2016 Providence 1/23 -1/24

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@Cheerdad27
I see the team placement listings in the athletic championship page, not scores.
If you have seen scores feel free share them here. Especially if it will shed light on the inconsistencies you speak of.

any other teams out there that felt the judging was heavily favored towards a particular gym this weekend and the judging was questionable to say the least?
Definitely questionable scores, for my team at least! I know we all think our girls (and guys for coed teams) are great, but my team did MUCH, MUCH better day 2 than day 1, and our score went down. Nearly every other teams raw score went up, even teams with deductions. So I'd say that's questionable.

@Cheerdad27
I see the team placement listings in the athletic championship page, not scores.
If you have seen scores feel free share them here. Especially if it will shed light on the inconsistencies you speak of.
I cannot find where the scores where listed but I read thru them earlier.... This is my first national comp so bear With me... Not accusing more trying to understand. I heard of one gym winning 1st but then it was realized the judges didn't add in deductions so another team really won... Makes my head spin to be honest... And how upsetting for both of those teams... The team who won and now their title is invalid and for the team who actually won and wasn't validated ....

We were at a jambrands comp this weekend and they deducted points for a bobble (I'm still very new and learning, but from my understanding it's not supposed to be a deduction). When coaches asked to watch the video, the response was they forgot to record it......was an interesting day.

Definitely questionable scores, for my team at least! I know we all think our girls (and guys for coed teams) are great, but my team did MUCH, MUCH better day 2 than day 1, and our score went down. Nearly every other teams raw score went up, even teams with deductions. So I'd say that's questionable.

What gym are you with? I only ask bc I wasn't aware of a program in Maine north of Lewiston and your locations is Hermon.

I'll just say again...really glad we weren't there this year.

I will say, we've had issues with this comp for several years. Last year, we weren't originally going (because of issues) but because of a scheduling conflict, wound up attending. Add our issues with previous years, with a pretty huge issue last year, we absolutely refused to attend this year, and told TPTB we wouldn't be coming and why. All of us were thrilled (doubly so after the storm this weekend). After talking to various people, all with different programs, seems the issues that were experienced by many are some the same issues we had. I have yet to hear anyone say that they were scored out of range because the photographers were counted as non tumblers though, so I think we still win on ridiculous judging.

Have your coaches had time to go over the score sheets with the athletes yet? Your questions might be answered at that point. There may have been a legality on Day 2 which would explain the lower score. IMO a good coach/gym go over the score sheets with their athletes so they understand the scores thus being able to take that info and improve on it. If your team was unfairly judged Day 2, your coach has the ability to question the scores and should have done so. I hope this helps. I know this sport is kind of confusing in the beginning, but over time SOME things will begin to make sense...others not so much :D

I will say, we've had issues with this comp for several years. Last year, we weren't originally going (because of issues) but because of a scheduling conflict, wound up attending. Add our issues with previous years, with a pretty huge issue last year, we absolutely refused to attend this year, and told TPTB we wouldn't be coming and why. All of us were thrilled (doubly so after the storm this weekend). After talking to various people, all with different programs, seems the issues that were experienced by many are some the same issues we had. I have yet to hear anyone say that they were scored out of range because the photographers were counted as non tumblers though, so I think we still win on ridiculous judging.

:eek: Wait, what?!

Well. There really is calculating
Scores ... deductions that were marked were never calculated in.... So yes there were math errors so to speak.... And no it was an ECE gym that was awarded.... And the 2nd place team should've been sorry I'm not sure which team was in 2nd.....
Large Senior 4 Pro Athletics Sr. Fierce was properly notified they won their division before the comp was over (I believe about 8PM or so) Many of the kids were still there, they were given their backpacks & those that had left were given to them at the gym the following day. They were humble with the loss & stood to clap for the winning team at their awards ceremony & they were humble yet thrilled with the win & I didn't hear one kid say how they felt slighted about not getting their announcement at awards. Accidents/mistakes happen & Athletics handled it nicely by announcing them as "Co-winners" as to not take it away from the originally announced 1st place team.

Back