All-Star Athletic Championships 2016 Providence 1/23 -1/24

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Trust me, coaches and owners do call judges out on it. But when we do, it's basically talking in circles because the judges/scoring reps just put the blame back on the USASF and take no responsibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This, and technically you can only call out on your own scoring. You can request a division review, but they won't always honor the request. The judging at this comp has been , in my opinion, sub par for the last few years.

This, and technically you can only call out on your own scoring. You can request a division review, but they won't always honor the request. The judging at this comp has been , in my opinion, sub par for the last few years.

Yeah, I've questioned divisions in the past and have been told that they won't comment on other teams. Which I understand to an extent, but if every other coach in the division is also questioning it then it probably should be looked it.

Yeah, I've questioned divisions in the past and have been told that they won't comment on other teams. Which I understand to an extent, but if every other coach in the division is also questioning it then it probably should be looked it.

Let's simply face the facts that at almost every competition the judges already have their favorites going in !Let's simply face the facts that big name gyms always get scored a little better and with less deductions because of their name and past teams! Let's agree that some big name gyms have had those years that the team is not quite the same as last years but still some how get the score. (Bobbles missed athletes hands down missed )Let's agree that all the athletes work hard and deserve respect from the judges and the cheerleading community ! Lets grin and bare it when the politics take over . Let's support our CP and eachother ! Let's enjoy another cheer season in all its glory !

Let's simply face the facts that at almost every competition the judges already have their favorites going in !Let's simply face the facts that big name gyms always get scored a little better and with less deductions because of their name and past teams! Let's agree that some big name gyms have had those years that the team is not quite the same as last years but still some how get the score. (Bobbles missed athletes hands down missed )Let's agree that all the athletes work hard and deserve respect from the judges and the cheerleading community ! Lets grin and bare it when the politics take over . Let's support our CP and eachother ! Let's enjoy another cheer season in all its glory !
I understand the message you're trying to send, but this isn't something that can be ignored. Like you said, everyone tries their best. That doesn't change the fact that the best team should win. We shouldn't simply ignore it, EPs need to hire better judges, or better eliminate bias.

At the same time, I think there's sometimes bias against big name gyms. Their lower level teams are sometimes scored more harshly, because they're subconsciously compared to L5 teams with big reputations. Le sigh. The drama in cheer is as big as the bows.

That's not what bias means. ;) If they earn it, it's not bias. To be fair, I'm not in the "Large gym bias" camp, I'm in the "the scores were wonky" camp.
I'm not privy to the scores, but placements in CP's division were pretty much as I expected. I watched all teams in the division day 1, I missed 2 of them on day 2. No surprises at awards.

In the past Athletics posted the results. Why no results with scores this year :(. Just wanting to see how close were to each other.

They haven't posted final scores in years if I remember correctly.

It's a shame that EPs refuse to be transparent. Why hold back the scores? I can't think of any other sport where you don't see an actual score at the end of the game/competition/event.
Posting them might eliminate the questions and negativity being attached to the comp....orrrrrr it might cause further irritation and hostility over the outcome, giving us more reasons to complain.
On another note, my CPs team didn't win and I'm pretty sure we are from "that favored gym".... I'm trying to gather up my outraged face.
Give me a minute.

Did wc starlites decline their AL bid? Didn't see them on the list online

From my understanding they did decline. As of now, the Sonics are the only team from Freehold going that I know of going. WC usually wants a full paid bid to consider attending Summit.

Latest posts

Back