All-Star Athletic Championships -- Providence 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am entitled to my opinion, I was NOT being harsh...I clearly complimented the team for their skill but all that was taken from my comments was negativity that wasn't intended...it's very obvious those who were upset from my postings were from Sparks....maybe if things went differently and ECE had a bad first day and amazing second day results would of been different...I prefer that results be the same no matter what day a team hits better. Good luck on your season.
Yes you are entitled to your opinion, I was only hoping you may see why someone on that team may take the comments negatively. I do not go to Sparks, I have friends on this team, but I also have friends on ECE, Pro, Cheerfactor and many other teams. Yes, I agree that if any of those teams had performed better on day two it could have been different results. As I mentioned, this was a very competitive group and all of these teams are amazing. I would have been happy for any one of them that won. Today it was Sparks turn to shine. I hope these other teams get their paid bids at an upcoming competition.

Yes you are entitled to your opinion, I was only hoping you may see why someone on that team may take the comments negatively. I do not go to Sparks, I have friends on this team, but I also have friends on ECE, Pro, Cheerfactor and many other teams. Yes, I agree that if any of those teams had performed better on day two it could have been different results. As I mentioned, this was a very competitive group and all of these teams are amazing. I would have been happy for any one of them that won. Today it was Sparks turn to shine. I hope these other teams get their paid bids at an upcoming competition.

I have always said nice things about Sparks...matter of fact i was just looking at some of my old posts and found one stating "Sparks Superstars, finally another amazing team representing the north east".....unfortunatly this time they fell into the point I was trying to make.

lol, sorry if I kind of started this debate between you two. My feeling about the 25-75% scoring was more a general comment rather than something directed towards Sparks. Of course the 25-75% scoring must have helped in this case, but Sparks's great team is the main reason they were able to go from not being a top 7 overall score on Day 1 to getting the Paid. It's so unusual to see, though, so I figured I would mention it. I was almost wondering if someone had accidentally left their name off the standings when posting the 7 highest scores from Saturday here!

I don't mind the 25/75 split cuz it's like that for Dallas and worlds. If you wanna do well overall, hit both days. We all aren't perfect, nbd. But y'all going after each others neck over this? When the competition is over is really saying something lol. But this is a funny thread.

I don't know how anyone else feels but I don't like the 25/75 split...it allows those "one day wonder" teams who seem to always hit better the second day, win...I've seen this happen so frequently...and what happens when they go to Worlds...don't get past the first day....I like CONSISTANCY!!!
but you also have to remember, 3 of the top 7 after day 1 had a bid already so they might not be as random as you think.

We would have easily been in the top 7 without the legality issue. Part of the game plan was to go hard on day 1 because of the 25/75 split. There were things that changed from day 1 to day 2 if you watch both routines. Please don't criticize the kids for this. We were simply performing to what the format of the competition was. Not our fault they set it up this way. If it were 50/50 we may have approached it differently. I am proud of Superstars and I think they will prove to everyone that this is not last years team. Congratulations to all the teams as well. Everyone looked great and it was a wonderful competition. I am proud of all of our Sparks teams, not just coed 5.

If you have a problem with the 25/75 split for scoring, don't go to that particular competition. Most teams know day two is most important at a competition scored like this, so why the surprise? And most certainly, don't blame a team for stepping up day two, doing what they had to do and getting the paid when the scoring is as such. They were the better team day two, the 75% day......simple as that.

CONGRATULATION Sparks!!!

If you have a problem with the 25/75 split for scoring, don't go to that particular competition. Most teams know day two is most important at a competition scored like this, so why the surprise? And most certainly, don't blame a team for stepping up day two, doing what they had to do and getting the paid when the scoring is as such. They were the better team day two, the 75% day......simple as that.

CONGRATULATION Sparks!!!
pretty sure most varsity events have 25/75 this season.

pretty sure most varsity events have 25/75 this season.
That well could be. I'm just saying that if you don't like it, don't attend. Otherwise, go and do your best, and hope day two is the day you do your best, because basically, day one is just a warm up. I'm no fan of 25/75 but it is what it is.

That well could be. I'm just saying that if you don't like it, don't attend. Otherwise, go and do your best, and hope day two is the day you do your best, because basically, day one is just a warm up. I'm no fan of 25/75 but it is what it is.

There are 3 bid competition in New England this year and they are all Varsity companies - Spirit Fest got bought out at the start of the season and UCDF doesn't have bids this year. There are no options unless you're willing to do some serious travel - which most non-worlds teams are probably not willing to do.

Plus, this is fierceboard - we're allowed to complain. If enough people complain maybe Varsity will change it next year.

First off i am not a coach nor gym owner so it's not my cal to attend a comp...I don't even have a child in allstars anymore...I was just stating an opinion that i don't like 25/75 because it doesn't prove the winners always to be the most consistent at hitting their routines...I was in no way insulting anyone and if offense was taken you being too sensitive of the situation...case closed, move on~

First off i am not a coach nor gym owner so it's not my cal to attend a comp...I don't even have a child in allstars anymore...I was just stating an opinion that i don't like 25/75 because it doesn't prove the winners always to be the most consistent at hitting their routines...I was in no way insulting anyone and if offense was taken you being too sensitive of the situation...case closed, move on~
Relax! I think your opinion is just fine when it comes to the 25/75...but where you called one of the two bid winners "one day wonders" because the lack consistency is where you went wrong. Now the case is closed and you can move on.

There are 3 bid competition in New England this year and they are all Varsity companies - Spirit Fest got bought out at the start of the season and UCDF doesn't have bids this year. There are no options unless you're willing to do some serious travel - which most non-worlds teams are probably not willing to do.

Plus, this is fierceboard - we're allowed to complain. If enough people complain maybe Varsity will change it next year.
Thats a shame. I too hate the 25/75%. But I don't think we should take away from a team that won the paid because it worked to their advantage. Had it worked to yours, would you feel as strongly about it? I can even admit if it were me, and I didn't do to well day one, but hit day two and won it all, I'd have no complaints about 25/75%!! In my opinion, I think 50/50%......could go 40/60% but thats about it.

Relax! I think your opinion is just fine when it comes to the 25/75...but where you called one of the two bid winners "one day wonders" because the lack consistency is where you went wrong. Now the case is closed and you can move on.

Never said Sparks were one day wonders but I did say they lacked consistency LAST YEAR...new year , new story maybe...now i will move on thank you!!!!!

Back