All-Star Attending Nca As A Spectator

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 6, 2016
Hey guys!

Last year I headed to Worlds and Summit for the first time and made a thread like this that was SOOOO helpful. So, I wanted to do it again for NCA! What are your tried and true tips? Hints? Ideas? Also, what should I steer clear of?

THANKS!

Hey guys!

Last year I headed to Worlds and Summit for the first time and made a thread like this that was SOOOO helpful. So, I wanted to do it again for NCA! What are your tried and true tips? Hints? Ideas? Also, what should I steer clear of?

THANKS!
What are you wanting to see? Divisions? Teams? Visit local gyms?

Following this thread. This will be my kiddo's first NCA. She's always wanted to compete at NCA. We are both very excited and I want to ensure she has the best experience possible. Me too lol.

The arena is soooo fun! Very loud & exciting...but can get quite hot up in the nosebleed section where I’ve usually been. Wear layers. Are you staying in walking distance or not? If not, Uber is your friend. We rented a car one year & I preferred the Uber. Actually I preferred the year we were in walking distance the best. The Omni (to me) is NOT worth the $$$. It is so fricking loud in there, and people crowded everywhere. I’ll try to think of more things. Any specific questions?

Last year was our first year and we are going back this year. We go to Cheersport every year, so we are used to the largeness of these comps. That said, I do believe that NCA was larger or more spread out. I suggest getting in on Thurs or Fri morning and getting down there to get a feel for the layout. Unlike Cheersport where you can easily access all 5 arenas, the Worlds arena is not right next to the other arenas.

Last year there were some food truck vendors on what I think was the bridge access to the Omni. There were also some rooms designated to be able to go in and sit down to eat. I thought that was nice.

There were 2 shopping set-ups. So it doesn't seem too over crowded, I didn't think.

Last year, there was an Infinity pop down the block from the center. They carried a lot of merch from the Worlds teams there. So that was fun.

We didn't have a car last year and Ubered. I will be renting a car this year. It was difficult to find a car on Sat when we were ready to leave. It took us so long that my daughter missed out on a mall trip with her friends that had already gotten back to the hotel.

I'm looking forward to going this year. We looked forward to it last year but I think b/c it was our first, we were unsure of things and a little out of sorts. But we still had a good time (even if it didn't end the way we had hoped).

If you really want to see your level 5 large or medium cp compete in the arena, be prepared to sit there all day to secure a good seat. It's fun, there is a lot of good cheer to watch, and you can take turns going to get food or use the bathroom but be quick or a security guard will put someone in your seat. Be kind to parents who pay all that money and travel all that way and just want to see their kids compete. Pray there is no snow or ice- this results in workers not being able to get to work in the hotels and convention center. Food shortages and filthy conditions will follow any snow or ice. Uber is good. If you take a taxi, be prepared to fight with them over the price. One tried to charge $40 for a one mile trip to the Sheraton and another tried to add a $20 surcharge because there were some icy spots on the road.

Back